LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Help deciding on lift!

Old 10-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
Other Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Other Scott's Tacoma Gallery
Help deciding on lift!

I put 5100's on my truck set at 1.75 , shortly after I bought a nice set of TRD wheels off eBay. I can see I opened up a can of worms here because now I want to lift the whole truck up another 1.25. So my question is which lift to buy, I would like to stick with toytec because I bought my bilstiens from then and was very happy with customer service when I called and the shipping was fast.
My plan is to put 285's on after lift, so should I buy a kit w/out shocks or buy springs and AAL ?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:03 AM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Lets see some pics! Where in mass are you? Sounds like you know what you need, if it was my truck i would get new coils for the 5100s, AAL, new shocks and u-bolts for the rear. Good luck!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #3
donwsmith56 is on a distinguished road
Name: Don
donwsmith56's Tacoma Gallery
Any issues with the 1.75 lift in the front? Vibrations? I just bought a 12 trd OR and my head is spinning from all the post-options for lifting.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #4
Other Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedOther Scott is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I put the bilstiens all around, so I don't think I'll need new rear shocks. Is there any difference in height between 884's ans 885's ? Downsmith56- no problems with vibrations untill a few weeks later when I was in some sand and started to spin the rear tires, so I put in four wheel drive and gently took a hard left to get off the beach where I was fishing. Drove up into a dirt parking lot and shut off four wheel drive, as soon as I got out onto the street I could tell something was wrong! Somehow I destroyed the passenger side needle bearing in the front diff. Really strange how a bearing would go south all of a sudden. Bad news is they where on backorder from Toyota , my mechanic in Tauton will have it this week. Should fix the vibration.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with OME 885s and your 5100s set to .8.

In the rear, look for either an AAL or replacement pack like OMe Dakars.

This will allow you to clear 285s with minimal trimming.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #6
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by donwsmith56 View Post
Any issues with the 1.75 lift in the front? Vibrations? I just bought a 12 trd OR and my head is spinning from all the post-options for lifting.
x2
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
That's what I'll most likely do. What is your definition off minimal trimming?
Also was planing on spider trax wheel spacers 1.25
Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Scott View Post
That's what I'll most likely do. What is your definition off minimal trimming?
Also was planing on spider trax wheel spacers 1.25
With 285s on stock wheels, you'll need to run the spacers.

Minimal trimming typically involves removing front mudflaps and trimming the black plastic inner fender.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #9
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Scott View Post
I put the bilstiens all around, so I don't think I'll need new rear shocks. Is there any difference in height between 884's ans 885's.
884s are shorter, 10mm i think but im not positive. They both have the same spring rate. You might need to look into new UCAs i you go with 885s especially if you set your bilsteins at .8
Old 10-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
Looks like I will get the 885's , now what would be better setting the Billy's at .85 or putting in a spacer to give me 3 inches of lift? Figured I would do the lift and see how the alignment come out before I buy UCA's
To answer the question about vibrations, not at first till I toasted a diff bearing!