Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Should I buy..

View Poll Results: Should I buy it
Buy 5 50.00%
Don't Buy 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
WiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud of

Army: 12B Comabt Enginneer, OEF 11-12
Name: James
WiR3D's Tacoma Gallery
Should I buy..

Alright guys.. Im sucked in and modding up the truck! Im looking at a Bilstein 5100 kit from Toyteclifts at 698 and change shipped.. SHOULD I GET IT? Its within my price range but Im not 100% sure I should buy this setup.. Any pros or cons or suggestions of another lift would be great? OME is in the same range aswell just not sure. Its my first lift and will be my first time ever putting one on a truck period. Here is a link to the kit Im speaking of but Im sure you all already know what it is.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...ed=1&Itemid=72
Old 10-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Erik37 is on a distinguished road
Erik37's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat as you, looking at this kit and the OME kit, so I can't really answer your question. But I know the first thing people are gonna ask is what do you plan on using the truck for?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
WiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud of

WiR3D's Tacoma Gallery
Well plans wise.. I wouldnt mind doing some light offroading as my truck is a prerunner id rather not try to get it stuck in the 4x4 trails and such.. Most of the driving will be highway but I like to have options available for fun activities..plus im in Florida so Im not sure of too many off roading trails around anyhow..
Old 10-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
You may also want to look into Maxtrac spindles since you are a pre-runner, but you can't go wrong with that lift, very solid
Old 10-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #5

WiR3D's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm.. Would I be able to do the lift along with the spindles or is that overkill or something that is actually needed? Im new to all of this stuff and am still learning as I go..
Old 10-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
The spindles would give you 4 in of lift by themselves, you could use stock springs and shocks. You could add to the 4 in if you wanted to, but may need new upper control arms
Old 10-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #7

WiR3D's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm... Spindles do sound nice aswell.. maybe once i get the suspension installed ill give it about 6 months or so and then grab some spindles and UCAs.. Man this modding itch is going to break the bank! haha!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
It's a good option. Basically what I have. Don't know anything about spindles though but they seem to be a good popular option for prerunners.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
Odie

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
It's a good option. Basically what I have.

Same here, just have to install it