LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

tire rubbing on frame with 3in leveling kit?

Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
ieatpinktacos yumyum
07ieatpinktacos is on a distinguished road
Army: infantry. 1-187th hhc rakkassans. 101st
07ieatpinktacos's Tacoma Gallery
tire rubbing on frame with 3in leveling kit?

ok so i put the 3in leveling spacer up front and im running 32x11.50s up front on a 15x8 wheel.i also have 2in wheel spacers up front. when i crank the wheel all the way it rubs on the corner of the frame supporting the outer part of the body behind the tire. it does this more so on the drivers side? is this normal due to the setup im running? and yes i know you are all gonna wonder why the hell i have wheel spacers up front.its cus i bought the rims off a guy who had them on his 98 so i put the spacers on the front to clear the calipers and give it a wide prerunner look for when i put fiberglass fenders on. and have enough money for the total chaos kit.lol
Old 01-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
its the body mount, its common, find a fab shop to chop it like this:

Old 01-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What he said. ^^^^^^^
Old 01-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
mine does it too, more so on the drivers side. Trimming the body mount and then boxing it back by welding on a plate to the open hole is one of the only solutions.

Edit: x3 for above posts, too late finding a pic.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
ieatpinktacos yumyum
07ieatpinktacos is on a distinguished road
Army: infantry. 1-187th hhc rakkassans. 101st
07ieatpinktacos's Tacoma Gallery
good stuff. i appreciate it guys big time
Old 01-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, you actually cut the frame? I'm not chancing that here in Hawaii, that will speed up the rusting process.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #7
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_yota View Post
Wow, you actually cut the frame? I'm not chancing that here in Hawaii, that will speed up the rusting process.
YIKES!

It gives me shivers just thinking about it! A Tacoma, slowly rotting away. Like cancer, but without the charity walks.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:44 AM   #8
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_yota View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin03 View Post
YIKES!

It gives me shivers just thinking about it! A Tacoma, slowly rotting away. Like cancer, but without the charity walks.
I have not done this yet, the pic is from another forum. There is no way in hell I would just leave a gaping hole in my body mount. However I will be doing this when my buddy graduates from welding school In about a year.
The key is to weld the plate back in and paint it up real nice like you never cut it in the first place (pic 1).