Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ruff steerling with new tires

Old 10-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
hundal61 is on a distinguished road
hundal61's Tacoma Gallery
ruff steerling with new tires

Hi everyone, my truck is a 2005 tacoma double cab, long bed (non TRD) it has about 105,800 miles on. About 5,000 miles ago when I put on the same size tires (new) but much more aggressive tread.I started to have problem with a shaking steering wheel. Expecally when braking. The shaking I had the rotors turned and the shaking went away but has returned at high speeds. I noted past 60 mph the steering is shaking, I feel vibation at the foot pedal and sometimes the floor boards. I also noted my handling going to crap. I noted my aligment was readjusted once, rotors where turned but the shocks where never examined. Would anyone reccomd anything else beside getting new shocks, upgrading my brakes to cermatic and getting my whole suspsion look at?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Tires out of balance would be my first thought. Even new tires sometimes have heavy spots.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
hundal61 is on a distinguished road
hundal61's Tacoma Gallery
No rubbing and had the tires balanced also.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hundal61 View Post
Hi everyone, my truck is a 2005 tacoma double cab, long bed (non TRD) it has about 105,800 miles on. About 5,000 miles ago when I put on the same size tires (new) but much more aggressive tread.I started to have problem with a shaking steering wheel. Expecally when braking. The shaking I had the rotors turned and the shaking went away but has returned at high speeds. I noted past 60 mph the steering is shaking, I feel vibation at the foot pedal and sometimes the floor boards. I also noted my handling going to crap. I noted my aligment was readjusted once, rotors where turned but the shocks where never examined. Would anyone reccomd anything else beside getting new shocks, upgrading my brakes to cermatic and getting my whole suspsion look at?
Have you had your balance checked?
Old 10-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hundal61 View Post
No rubbing and had the tires balanced also.
I just had a replacement tire mounted by a shop a couple weeks ago. They were waaaaay off on the balance and i had a horrible shimmy while driving. Took it back and they got it right the second time. Maybe you had a weight fall off or they didnt do a good job.