LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Confused-Blisten 5100's

Old 10-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Confused-Blisten 5100's

So I just want to clarify, I can simply level my 4WD Sr5 (2011)by adding the blisten 5100's up front set at 1.75 and no need for new coils or an aal? Thanks! Zach
Old 10-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
darkgohan will become famous soon enough
darkgohan's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I did,worked great!!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post
So I just want to clarify, I can simply level my 4WD Sr5 (2011)by adding the blisten 5100's up front set at 1.75 and no need for new coils or an aal? Thanks! Zach
Yes, you'll be re-using the front springs and all hardware.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Great, did you guys have someone install or yourself? I have access to a spring/coil compresser thing at the autohobby shop. Blisten's ordered!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a 3 leaf pack the front will probably be higher. If you have a 4 it will probably be level.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #6

usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stacoma View Post
If you have a 3 leaf pack the front will probably be higher. If you have a 4 it will probably be level.
I only have a 3 leaf pack, warranty was just up when I bought her. So maybe .85 setting instead?
Old 10-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
Had mine installed!!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I only have a 3 leaf pack, warranty was just up when I bought her. So maybe .85 setting instead?
I would use the .85 setting.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post

check this thread out, it might help.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...today-pic.html
Old 10-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My experience is that what it says is vary accurate I put mine at 2.5" and I got 2.5". The lower you put the 5100 the better your ride will be. Being at 2.5" my ride is rather harsh. Measure your front center hub to bottom fender and the rear and see what the difference is. It will give you an idea of how much to lift.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
I used 1.75 looks good. Did the same on my last 2010 Tacoma.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #12

usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the help guys. Gonna try 1.75, will see with my bike loaded in the back how much the nose goes up. might have to do .85 for some rake.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
Drewbiestaco is on a distinguished road

Drewbiestaco's Tacoma Gallery
what size tires can you run if you level the truck with the 5100's?
Old 10-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbiestaco View Post
what size tires can you run if you level the truck with the 5100's?
265/75/16
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
set it at 1.75 and buy an AAL problem solved.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #17

usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshole taco View Post
set it at 1.75 and buy an AAL problem solved.
Was hoping to keep cost down, I know I can AAL but rather not if I dont have to. I only haul my dirtbike so no heavy loads.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #18
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
This is my truck with 265/75r16. See sig for suspension mods. These tires fit perfect under stock suspension also. Is your rear end 2 leafs and an overload or 3 leafs and an overload? If you have 3 leafs total including the overload you will sit perfectly level with the 5100 at .85 ( my truck was set there for a while). If you have 4 leafs total with the overload you may sit level at 1.75 setting...

~M
Old 10-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #19
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
This is my truck with 265/75r16. See sig for suspension mods. These tires fit perfect under stock suspension also. Is your rear end 2 leafs and an overload or 3 leafs and an overload? If you have 3 leafs total including the overload you will sit perfectly level with the 5100 at .85 ( my truck was set there for a while). If you have 4 leafs total with the overload you may sit level at 1.75 setting...

~M
Beautiful truck you have there.