Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what are best replacement shocks equal or better to stock quality?

Old 10-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Logan22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
Logan22's Tacoma Gallery
what are best replacement shocks equal or better to stock quality?

I dont want a lift or anything. Just a nice ride. I have 144,000 on my 2006 sr5 trd 4x4. I've heard alot about bilstein and eibach...is one better than the other? I pull a trailer every week with a zero turn mower and two push mowers and I've noticed ride quality isn't as good as it used to be a while ago. Are the shocks the only thing that should need to be replaced?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 10-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Buy A set of 5100s and set them to the 0" setting.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
If you tow, id look into getting a new leafpack.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on the 5100's. They aren't that much more expensive than the common brands and are worlds apart.

You might want to check your rear leaf springs.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacksblacktaco View Post
i think OME makes a set or replacement nitrogen shocks.
someone correct me if im wrong
Yes, but he is looking to keep the truck at stock height.. So I think he'd be better off just buying 5100s front and rear

And X2 buying a new leaf pack.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan22 View Post
I dont want a lift or anything. Just a nice ride. I have 144,000 on my 2006 sr5 trd 4x4. I've heard alot about bilstein and eibach...is one better than the other? I pull a trailer every week with a zero turn mower and two push mowers and I've noticed ride quality isn't as good as it used to be a while ago. Are the shocks the only thing that should need to be replaced?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Best is subjective, and better than stock opens basically every shock made. Give the MT thread a read, I just finished all 365+ pages and learned quite a bit.