Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

NEWBIE here looking for lift kit advice

Old 10-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light

1mrwatermaker's Tacoma Gallery
NEWBIE here looking for lift kit advice

hey guys new here and looking for some advice on a lift kit for my 2006 access cab 4x4. the front now sets 2" lower than the back , in the proccess of ordering wheels tires and lift. the wheels are 17x9...4.5 backspacing, not sure on tire size yet want to lift and level. no offroading other than a good fishing hole just mainly for looks. anyone want to steer me in the right direction on lifting or just leveling. thanks
Old 10-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
5100's up front for leveling. Cheapest option.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tacoma World. The best advise I can offer is to read the stickies in the suspension forum to find out what suits your needs and wallet. It sounds like you would probably be happy with the bilstein 5100's.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
You can get bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks for fairly cheap. Adjust them to 2.5" and you're leveled/lifted a bit. You could also run 285/70/17 tires no problem.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Best+Tacoma+Lift
Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light

budget is not a big problem , just not gonna get stupid. i wld love to run 285/70s those tires should get me another 1.5". 5100s and coils in the front what about the rear
Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver taco View Post
Welcome to Tacoma World. The best advise I can offer is to read the stickies in the suspension forum to find out what suits your needs and wallet. It sounds like you would probably be happy with the bilstein 5100's.
i have read so many threads im about to go blind and theres to many options to pick from
Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mrwatermaker View Post
budget is not a big problem , just not gonna get stupid. i wld love to run 285/70s those tires should get me another 1.5". 5100s and coils in the front what about the rear

there are so many threads on this already. follow the link i posted and look thru the million of them to find the general consensus on what is mostly used.

there must be a notification that pops up on this site when youre a new member that says, "Hey! congratulations on becoming a new member to tacomaworld.com! start out by posting a thread about what lift you should use!"
Old 10-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
5100's in the rear and if you want some more lift, an AAL from Wheeler's is a nice easy way to go
Old 10-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
mynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud of

Name: greg
mynewtoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
there are so many threads on this already. follow the link i posted and look thru the million of them to find the general consensus on what is mostly used.

there must be a notification that pops up on this site when youre a new member that says, "Hey! congratulations on becoming a new member to tacomaworld.com! start out by posting a thread about what lift you should use!"
lol. your right it says "what lift should i use and will these tires fit? "
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #13

im leaning toward the 5100s instead of the tuff country leveling kit, looks like it would be about the same price, now to find the cheapest price on the shocks
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #14
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
im leaning toward the 5100s instead of the tuff country leveling kit, looks like it would be about the same price, now to find the cheapest price on the shocks
Down South Motorsports or Wheeler's
Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #15
Banned
Wheeler's Off-Road
Old 10-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
budget is not a big problem
^^^
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
looking at wheelers now $170 for the kit, local shop priced tuff country leveling kit for $159 plus labor
IKD about the tuff country kit, post a link if you can but 5100's are the hands down favorite around here for that application, I have them on mine and I'm happy
Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #20
Banned
post a link of the tuff country I meant