Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need some opinions on the 5100 stage1 adjustable......

Old 01-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Need some opinions on the 5100 stage1 adjustable......

I cant seem to get a straight answer on something. RidingonTRD, and I are installing the threaded adjusters on his Bilstien shocks, along with the Eibach springs. What setting and how many threads from the bottom show for a 2.5" lift?
Thanks, guys.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anyone?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #3

Nobody?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Nobody?
might wanna PM longhorn....didnt he do the bilstein adjustables?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
might wanna PM longhorn....didnt he do the bilstein adjustables?
Thanks. I PM'ed him, but wanted to see if anyone else might know. The guy at Toytec didnt. We are doing this tomarrow morning, so I guess If I cant find the info, it will be trial and error.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I cant seem to get a straight answer on something. RidingonTRD, and I are installing the threaded adjusters on his Bilstien shocks, along with the Eibach springs. What setting and how many threads from the bottom show for a 2.5" lift?
Thanks, guys.
Chris,
Did you get the Toytec top plate? I've read on one thread that if you have it, you'll set the Bilstein to stock position but if you will be re-using the OEM one, you'll set Bilstein to 2nd position (0.85). Such different positions, will definitely affect the number of threads will show.

I have a bilstein right now and wanting to upgrade to Toytec C/O but still hesistant since I never heard of conclusive answers. I have no "buddy" to help me do trial and error. Good luck and please post what you find out.

Subscribed...
Old 01-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTacoms View Post
Chris,
Did you get the Toytec top plate? I've read on one thread that if you have it, you'll set the Bilstein to stock position but if you will be re-using the OEM one, you'll set Bilstein to 2nd position (0.85). Such different positions, will definitely affect the number of threads will show.

I have a bilstein right now and wanting to upgrade to Toytec C/O but still hesistant since I never heard of conclusive answers. I have no "buddy" to help me do trial and error. Good luck and please post what you find out.

Subscribed...
no top plate, just the stock one. Toytec told me that the "C" clip on the 5100's needed to be on the bottom setting. I did some calculations and found that to be in error. longhorn gave me some good info, and it seems that Toytec has a few variants of this assembly, but I have an idea on how many threads need to be exposed. I will post up all of my findings.