Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Upgrade Question?

Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension Upgrade Question?

I have a '13 stock PreRunner and am not interested in lifting the truck, but I am curious about the 5100's for the rear. How do they give you a better ride? Is it the valving or longer travel.....? Also does anyone make a more progressive multi leaf spring pack (aka. alot more leafs?). Would this give more load capacity and still ride better than stock with maybe and inch of lift or so?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRFugitt View Post
I have a '13 stock PreRunner and am not interested in lifting the truck, but I am curious about the 5100's for the rear. How do they give you a better ride? Is it the valving or longer travel.....? Also does anyone make a more progressive multi leaf spring pack (aka. alot more leafs?). Would this give more load capacity and still ride better than stock with maybe and inch of lift or so?
The valving give it a better ride IMO

They have better leaf packs out there, But if you only want 1 inch of lift, you will have to use an aal.

dakar leaf packs are great, but they give more of a lift than 1 inch
Old 10-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
They absorb better than the stock, as for the leaf pack, the creme de la creme would be a custom pack from Alcan, not cheap but probably the best
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
They absorb better than the stock, as for the leaf pack, the creme de la creme would be a custom pack from Alcan, not cheap but probably the best
Yes I would agree with alcan, But the OP is looking for one with a 1 in lift. I dont know of any exept an aal that would do that
Old 10-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
Yes I would agree with alcan, But the OP is looking for one with a 1 in lift. I dont know of any exept an aal that would do that
I called Alcan and asked them, they can build him leafs with any lift or no lift at all
Old 10-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #6
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
I called Alcan and asked them, they can build him leafs with any lift or no lift at all

ok. I stand corrected
thank you
Old 10-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the quick responses, good advive.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #8
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
good multi leaf progressive AAL = icon 3 leaf or wheelers 3 leaf AAL's, they are both the same IIRC and add like 1.5" without the OL leaf. i love my wheelers 3 leaf with the fox shocks.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
How about some opinions on:longer stainless steel brake lines,
bump stops,
u-bolt flip kits,
shackle flip kits and anything I missed.
I will be getting bilstein 5100's all the way around and a custom leaf pack but with little to no lift, I figure the shackle kit and or the leaf pack will be around 1 inch or so don't want to go much higher.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
bump stops,
u-bolt flip kits,
I will be getting bilstein 5100's all the way around and a custom leaf pack but with little to no lift, I figure the shackle kit and or the leaf pack will be around 1 inch or so don't want to go much higher.
You cant flip the shackles on the 2nd gen tacos
Old 10-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
Banned
Quote:
bump stops,
u-bolt flip kits,
You won't need longer brake lines if you plan on keeping the stock height and suspension travel.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
Quote:
Oh ok, thanks Nick.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #13
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Oh ok, thanks Nick.
no problem. You may need to do a u bolt flip depending on your leafs as well
Old 10-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Actually a couple of people are working/developing flips for the second gens.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #15
Banned
Quote:
no problem. You may need to do a u bolt flip depending on your leafs as well
Why would he need to flip the u-bolts?

He will probably need longer ones anyways and having new ones is always recommended.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
.45%er

Army:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-flip-kit.html

I came back to fix what I had previosly said about shackle flip kits. I have seen one actually installed now. The link for one is above OP to give you an Idea
Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #17
Quote:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-flip-kit.html

I came back to fix what I had previosly said about shackle flip kits. I have seen one actually installed now. The link for one is above OP to give you an Idea
Thanks for the link.