Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ome Trim Packer

Old 10-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
sexual ninja
barker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
barker14's Tacoma Gallery
Ome Trim Packer

Quick question. I tried searching for this and couldn't find it. I have my OME lift coming in possibly Monday or Tuesday and I just noticed that the kit doesn't come with the 5mm trim packer. I don't want to hold off on putting my suspension together just to order an 8 dollar part so I was wondering if anyone knew right off what the material was for the trim packer? I have access to a machine shop so I can easily make a 5mm spacer to whatever diameter the shock is and an OD that will work with the perch.

I don't know whether to make it out of stainless or some kind of plastic/rubber (delerin, polyeurothane, nylatron ect..)

It probably doesn't matter either way but I was just curious what the ome ones are made out of?

Thanks
Old 10-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I believe OME trim packer is made out aluminum and shouldn't be made out of plastic or rubber since it sits between the shock and perch unlike the Toytec that sits between the top plate.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
sexual ninja
barker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
I believe OME trim packer is made out aluminum and shouldn't be made out of plastic or rubber since it sits between the shock and perch unlike the Toytec that sits between the top plate.
I figured it would wear if it was made of a softer plastic or rubber. Aluminum is also quite soft though. It just looks like its black but that would be a paint or powder coat. I guess I'll just use a higher grade aluminum.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
Use a material that won't compress or corrode (rubber/plastic not a good idea). This ring holds alot of weight and should be strong. recommend high grade stainless steel.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barker14 View Post
I figured it would wear if it was made of a softer plastic or rubber. Aluminum is also quite soft though. It just looks like its black but that would be a paint or powder coat. I guess I'll just use a higher grade aluminum.

Thanks for the reply!
It's not black , it's actually a brass colour
Old 10-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #8
sexual ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Here

Thanks oz. for some reason I thought that it was the black piece but that must be part of the spring perch/shock. Hmm. Looks like its going to be stainless or maybe aluminum bronze...
Old 10-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barker14 View Post
Thanks oz. for some reason I thought that it was the black piece but that must be part of the spring perch/shock. Hmm. Looks like its going to be stainless or maybe aluminum bronze...
The black is the spring perch , the trim packer mounts just below that