Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leveling out a PreRunner

Old 10-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Leveling out a PreRunner

So I know there is about a million of these threads, and I've read about five thousand of em so far, but I just feel the easiest way to find a definitive answer is to make my own thread

Basically what I'm looking to do is level my truck, and give it a little on top of that. So my question is this...if I go with the Eibach coils and bilstein 5100s set at stock (0) height, and do an AAL on the rear, will I sit level? I'm looking at the Tuff Country AAL, which says it adds 2 inches to the rear. And what size tires do you estimate I could cram in there? Also, is that AAL a good quality? Seems cheap...
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone? Bueller?
Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
DSM sells billies for a good price and if they can't hook you up call Wheeler's Offroad, they sell a lot of AALs to us TW folks, to include single AALs and Progressive 3 leaf AALs
Old 10-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Check this out, you will thank me, leveled pre runner

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ble-build.html

Old 10-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift kit? ^
Old 10-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
OME lift kit? ^
yup

I have a slight rake I think tho, mabye a half inch, not that you can tell. A little rake looks good I think.

op, the stock rake is 1" so bear in mind that whatever you lift out back, you have to do up front +1" to get 'level' as it were.