Notices

Wheelers vs General Spring HD Upgrade

Old 10-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Tmill will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aviator
Name: Tyler
Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers vs General Spring HD Upgrade

So I found this post http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5664597-post.html and decided i cant really find exactly what Im looking for. I'm currently looking at replacing my leaf springs. I am debating between the ones mentioned above (General Spring) and Wheelers Heavy Duty leaf springs. I don't want to lift the truck more than it has to be in order to resurrect my load carrying capability and towing capability. Anyone that has experience with either one please input your experiences (ride height, comfort, load carrying capabilities, and longevity) of either one. Thanks!!
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upt...eafsprings.htm
http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/90-297hd.htm
Old 03-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
OP: Did you end up buying one of those above? If so could you please post an update and your impressions. I'm in the same boat and not finding as much info as I would want. I was considering Wheeler's HD pack to replace my TSB springs without adding any lift, but now I need to look into the other one you mentioned.

Sorry for the thread revival.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #3

Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up going with the General Spring. Here is the write up on my purchase.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=266183
Old 03-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the update.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
squatnbear will become famous soon enoughsquatnbear will become famous soon enough
Marines:
squatnbear's Tacoma Gallery
How hard/easy was the install.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #6

Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
A couple of hours but that had some breaks and delays in it.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #7
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
was going to go wheelers 1.5" progressive AAL to stiffen up my OEM pack, cause it sits almost negative-arched and has got reverse-rake if I throw more than 34lbs in the bed

am leaning towards General Spring's Heavy Duty replacement pack for my 95.5 instead, now: http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/90-173hd.htm

anyone else have some feedback to share?

P.S. I'm not looking for lift, the less the better for me... so, no: I'm not interested in Dakars and the like
Old 12-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #8

Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmill View Post
I ended up going with the General Spring. Here is the write up on my purchase.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=266183

Follow this link. There are a few that have gone with General Spring.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #9
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Follow this link. There are a few that have gone with General Spring.
Thanks man, I actually did take a look at that thread; I was just hoping to get a bit more feedback; especially from some 1st Gen guys

You've been running them for a bit now; do they have a positive arch (unloaded) or are they almost flat, like OEM?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #10

Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
They have quite a bit of positive arch even with my quad in back the sit slightly positive.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #11
TacomaJay09 is on a distinguished road
TacomaJay09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They have quite a bit of positive arch even with my quad in back the sit slightly positive.
I'm in the same boat. Looking to replace the rear springs and keep the lift under 2". For little to no lift, what I've found for options are: Ironman Wheeler's HD Skyjacker Northwest Offroad