1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Torque Settings for rear shocks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by trailmaster308, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Jan 22, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    trailmaster308

trailmaster308 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner 3" Toytec Adj Coilovers 2" AAL
    Hey all. First wanted to say I am new here and really enjoy the site. I have gotten lots of information without have to ask too many questions (thanks Longbow).

I have a quick question. I recently bought the AAL and new rear Bilstein shocks from Toytec. However, they did not come with instructions so my question is what do I torque the new shocks too? (not putting the back on until I get the front end)

I plan on purchasing the complete adjustable coil over set for the front as well.

2. Jan 22, 2009 at 8:25 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Not sure which model Tacoma you have, but this is from the '05+ FSM.

But to answer your question directly, looks like the top nut is 15 lb ft and the bottom bolt is 74 lb ft.

Attached Files:

3. Jan 22, 2009 at 8:26 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    And here is the one for the rear leafs (has the torque settings for the UBolts...

Attached Files:

4. Jan 22, 2009 at 8:30 AM
    trailmaster308

trailmaster308 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner 3" Toytec Adj Coilovers 2" AAL
    Wow thanks a lot for the fast response. I should have looked there myself. Thanks again!

5. Jan 22, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    No worries. Glad I could help! :)

6. Jan 22, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    I go till shes tight

Products Discussed in

To Top