Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

spindle lift

Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
kalix is on a distinguished road
kalix's Tacoma Gallery
spindle lift

Have a question from a nubie!!!! can you add 4" spindles to a leveling kit on a 12 PreRunner?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Define "leveling kit."
If it's a spacer block, no. Just remove the spacer block and run the spindles.
If it's coilovers, lower the coilovers back down to 0 lift and run the spindless.
If it's bilsteins, change the ring to the lowest setting (0) and run the spindles.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Why? You are going to have 4"inches from the spindle+the leveling kit. So If you have a 2"leveling kit that will give you 6" lift in the front and your truck will still ride like crap defeating the purpose of spindles. I have my billies set at 1.75 with stock O/R coils and the truck rides nice. A little stiffer than stock but still rides great. Ditch the spacers. You will be happier in the long run. IMHO
Old 10-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFerLife View Post
Are your billies set at 0? And are you still running stock coils and everything?
VVVVVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
Why? You are going to have 4"inches from the spindle+the leveling kit. So If you have a 2"leveling kit that will give you 6" lift in the front and your truck will still ride like crap defeating the purpose of spindles. I have my billies set at 1.75 with stock O/R coils and the truck rides nice. A little stiffer than stock but still rides great. Ditch the spacers. You will be happier in the long run. IMHO
Old 10-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
who cares. just do it! put'em in! let us know how it turns out
Old 10-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
It really depends on which spindle you go with as to how much lift you get in the front. With spindles you can keep everything stock in the front.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:30 AM   #12
kalix's Tacoma Gallery
ok, so im gathering that the front will retain the stock ride and shocks with spindles?? Also what is the best lift for the rear? Not hauling just to keep a good ride.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:37 AM   #13
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalix View Post
ok, so im gathering that the front will retain the stock ride and shocks with spindles?? Also what is the best lift for the rear? Not hauling just to keep a good ride.
the "best" would be up to your definition of best.

If I was to pick the "best" I would do spring under axle flip with a new leaf pack, shock hoops and external resi shocks.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #14
kalix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
the "best" would be up to your definition of best.

If I was to pick the "best" I would do spring under axle flip with a new leaf pack, shock hoops and external resi shocks.
Whats the purpose of the remote res shocks if your not doing any wheeling (cont. cycling)? Would blocks and longer shocks retain the stock ride?
Old 10-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #15
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Whats the purpose of the remote res shocks if your not doing any wheeling (cont. cycling)? Would blocks and longer shocks retain the stock ride?

you said the "best" but did not define what you meant so I stated what I thought was "best".

if you are just driving around town then get a 2" aal and probably a 1" block, longer U bolts, extended 5100's, and extended brake lines.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #16

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
More or less yes should be close to stock with the spindles and all stock equipment. I like the all pro standard or expo pack for the back. I have the expo's and don't haul anything. I like my truck to ride as such and when I do put something in the back I don't have to worry about the back sagging. A lot of folks on here like the dakar's. They are kick ass too from what I've read. It all (suspension in general) depends on how much you want to spend. In the end you get what you pay for. Just don't be an idiot like me and do it twice.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:18 AM   #17
kalix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
More or less yes should be close to stock with the spindles and all stock equipment. I like the all pro standard or expo pack for the back. I have the expo's and don't haul anything. I like my truck to ride as such and when I do put something in the back I don't have to worry about the back sagging. A lot of folks on here like the dakar's. They are kick ass too from what I've read. It all (suspension in general) depends on how much you want to spend. In the end you get what you pay for. Just don't be an idiot like me and do it twice.

Thanks for the reply!!! Should I have a problem clearing 33x12.5/18 with 4" lift?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #18

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the reply!!! Should I have a problem clearing 33x12.5/18 with 4" lift?
I am running 295/70/17's. I can rub occasionally on trails. If you don't hit it hard get whatever. If an occasional rub or grind don't bother ya on the trails stay somewhat conservative. If you are airing it out may wanna stay conservative or consider LT. I am also running Nitto terra grapplers. It's an A/T tire so not super aggressive on tread. So to answer your question you may have to do some chopping even a cab mount chop. but you could probably squeeze them in depending on the tire.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #19

depends on the back spacing. you will probably have to trim some plastic and maybe a cab mount chop. a lot depends on the wheels you run. if you offroad then you will need to trim more.