Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Wheelers Progressive AAL Install Issue Solved

Old 10-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
StormTrooper
757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: Seaman going BM
Name: Tyler
757 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers Progressive AAL Install Issue Solved

So I just put OME 885x's w/ 5100's at 0" in the front with 5100's in the rear and the Wheelers 1.5" Progressive AAL. Got everything installed smoothly up front and then came the AAL. Install wasnt difficult but I ran into a problem. The factory leaf hanger was resting up against the new hanger for the AAL and the factory hanger was also wedged on the AAL which wasnt allowing the bolt for the new hanger to go through as seen in the pictures. Called wheelers and Dan was very helpful. He told me that some trucks for some reason which he hasn't figured out have the factory hanger in a different spot causing this issue. So he told me to grind the rivet head off the bottom of the hanger then use something like a crowbar to spread the hanger open and pull it off. Once that was done the AAL hanger popped up and the bolt went right in. Overall excellent product that rides great, great price, outstanding customer service and overall an awesome buying experience. Ive dealt with wheelers several times before and always pleased. Thanks again guys

And how the truck sits after it all...

Old 10-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
^ Nice! I've got the same setup. Are you 6 leafs total or 7 total? What are your rear shocks? stock 22.9"by14" 5100's? < that's what im running with the shock extender from toytec because I was maxxing them out extended. Now I'm running http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...prod=KU09037BK because the shock extender made my shock bottom out 1 inch before the bumpstop touched (did some measuring).

~M
Old 10-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
so would you typically run with both hangars or does the factory one come out anyway?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
ok. glad you posted this as i just started a thread last night looking for info on this setup. thanks!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Love my wheelers AAL!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

my truck did not have any issues with stock hangars like above. My theory is that TSB packs have that hanger bracket in the spot where OP had issues, where as non TSB packs have the bracket spaced out farther since there are only 2 leafs not including the overload. Sports come with 4 leafs and Off Roads come with 3 leafs from what I can gather.

@757, they are pretty close Do you have any near future plans? I have a set of gunmetal konig countersteers due to go on this week. Super pumped about them!

Cheers,

~M
Old 10-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #13
PutterClutch

Yea, there will be pictures. I'll try to remember and get a build thread going soon...

"welcome to tacomaworld, sorry about your wallet" applies heavily here.

Good luck at boot man!

~M