Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New Coils for Snowplow

Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
New Coils for Snowplow

I am looking to add a plow (300lbs) and I want to be able to support the added weight while maintaining or slightly increasing my current 1.75" front lift (I have 5100s with stock coils). I am guessing 886 coils are the way to go, with the 5100s reset to 0, but will the lift be "too much" when the plow is not attached? I have the 4 cyl so it is light in the front to begin with.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
886s are not recommend with anything other than OME shocks.
And yes you will be way too high without the plow.
I have 885s on my 4Banger and have a full 3" of lift.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
885's are rated for up to an additional 110lbs of load , they gave me 2 1/2" of lift on my DCLB 4x4

You may end up right where you want with them and the extra weight
Old 10-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So is it OK to run 885s over 5100s?

Edit: nvm, did a search and lots of guys run this. Thanks for the help, 885s it is.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Yes but they will have a hard time with 300lbs of plow on them.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Yes but they will have a hard time with 300lbs of plow on them.
Yeah... I will add ballast in the back to help out a little. Air bags/Timbrens are also an option if necessary.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
To help support the plow, I would suggest a front set of Timbrens. They will provide support and help keep you from sagging to far under the weight of the plow.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacotimbren.htm
Old 10-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Dan, if I go with the Timbrens would you still recommend upgrading the coils, or can I stick with the stockers for now?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
You can stick with the stock ones for now. But if you want lift you would need to go with new coils, or Bilsteins, etc.