Notices

Bilsteins at 2.5" and stock rear suspension

Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Tuzzman is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Federal Law Enforcement
Name: Andrew
Tuzzman's Tacoma Gallery
Bilsteins at 2.5" and stock rear suspension

Guys, I have a 2013 trd sport 4x4 dcsb. I got the billies for the front and did the adjustment to 2.5". I left the rear as stock. Has anyone else done this? Any problems with it. I don't care that the ride is stiffer, just don't want to jack anything up. The billies at this height make my truck ride about 0.5" nose high, but barely noticeable. Please, give me feedback.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
You will be fine if you don't mind the front higher than the rear.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Many people say that Bilstein's at 2.5'' with stock springs is not very healthy for the truck, but I know a lot of people run this setup anyway and no one's died yet.

You should have some pretty epic bro lean though.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
If you were able to get the front alignment within spec then no, not really, you may notice some vibration from the front and there are threads about that here
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
Tuzzman is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Federal Law Enforcement
Name: Andrew
Tuzzman's Tacoma Gallery
Vibration thread

Why front vibration? Can you point me to that thread?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
If you were able to get the front alignment within spec then no, not really, you may notice some vibration from the front and there are threads about that here
At 5100's set at 2.5 with stock springs there is no way to get the alignment within stock specs. Camber and toe can be done within stock specs but caster will be way off. I have 5100's at 2.5 and stock coils, my caster is way off, thats why I got Light Racing UCA's sitting on my coffee table waiting to be put on...
Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
If you want help let meh know. I kinda want to see how its done, so I know what to do when I get some UCA's
Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
If you want help let meh know. I kinda want to see how its done, so I know what to do when I get some UCA's
I have done several engine swaps, turbo kit installs, engine rebuilt, clutch jobs, etc... Putting on UCA's is walk in the park, I will barely break a sweat...LOL
Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedTaco View Post
I have done several engine swaps, turbo kit installs, engine rebuilt, clutch jobs, etc... Putting on UCA's is walk in the park, I will barely break a sweat...LOL
I dont really know how so i'd figure its more of a learning experience.