Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Are the stock Bilsteins the 'Heavy Duty' model?

Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Tacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Tacoma BC's Tacoma Gallery
Are the stock Bilsteins the 'Heavy Duty' model?

What model # are the front and rear Bilstein shocks that come on the 2012 TRD Off-road package? I'm thinking they are the Bilstein 'Heavy Duty' Series. Is that correct?
There's no adjusting those is there? You gotta go to a 5100 for that, right?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I think "Heavy Duty" is a relative term, I killed mine. The 5100's are hugely popular here, I run them and I'm happy
Old 11-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma BC View Post
What model # are the front and rear Bilstein shocks that come on the 2012 TRD Off-road package? I'm thinking they are the Bilstein 'Heavy Duty' Series. Is that correct?
If your just looking for better replacement than stock go with the 5100. Or if you wana save up go with oem replacement coil overs up front and rear. Pricey but well worth it
Old 11-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma BC View Post
Correct. The front 5100's come with a movable coil plate.