1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Saggy Bottom

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Boulder Taco, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Nov 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM
    Boulder Taco

Boulder Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD OR
    3" ToyTec Lift D.C. 285/75/16's ProComp ES9000 Shocks Avid Light Bar / Sliders Hella Black Magic Fog Lights Black Badges + Black Grille ARE Topper Sockmonkey TRD Decal Bulletproof Fab. TRD Skid Plate Blacked Out Rear Bumper
    Does anyone notice their rear end sags? I have the "dealer installed" 3" Toytec Lift. After driving cross country, I noticed my rear seems to be an inch lower than my front. I plan on getting an add a leaf to fix the problem. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else!?! Oh yeah, btw - the truck is less than a year old. I've attached a pic, let me know if I'm seeing things!?!

Raleigh.jpg

2. Nov 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nope, you are correct, the rear leafs are the weak link, I have a cap and rack that is 450lbs of constant weight and I load tools which add more. You can cruise through my gallery pics to check out my truck.
    Bottom line is, the best way to fix the problem is to replace them with a custom built set of Alcan leaf springs, next would be Dakars, short of that you could do an AAL and Firestone airbags. Mine is pretty stout but I am going to get alcans at some point.

3. Nov 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    BakerTaco

BakerTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Lower Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 SR5
    Black UWS Toolbox, Window Tint, Weathertech mats, OME lift: 885x coils, top plate spacer, OME shocks all around, 2 inch AAL driver side trim packer, Toytec diff drop, Grillcraft, Colormatched grille, CHLM, 6000k HIDs - headlights and fogs, Smittybilt shackle hitch, ARB snatch strap, Pioneer avic x940bt headunit,
    What rear lift did you get? Because the shop I took mine to was incapable of correctly installing an AAL, which resulted in ZERO rear lift

4. Nov 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    Boulder Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD OR
    3" ToyTec Lift D.C. 285/75/16's ProComp ES9000 Shocks Avid Light Bar / Sliders Hella Black Magic Fog Lights Black Badges + Black Grille ARE Topper Sockmonkey TRD Decal Bulletproof Fab. TRD Skid Plate Blacked Out Rear Bumper
    Wow! Thanks guys for the replies already. So, I just moved to Raleigh from Boulder. Towed a Uhaul, and was paranoid I damaged my suspension with the weight. But now I look back at some old pics after I got the topper, it does look the same as it is now. Which unfortunately is low in the a$$. There is a 4wheel parts right down the road from my house. I feel pretty good about their work. I have a lot of jeep friends, and they rave about them. They want to charge $250 for an AAL, promising a 1-2" lift in the rear. But like Chris said, that only hides the problem of weak rear leafs. I have heard this before too. A bud has mentioned Old Man Emu's too. Any opinions on those. Sounds like it may be better to fix it right with some stouter leafs. Will just replacing the leafs completely fix the "saggy ass" problem!?!

5. Nov 1, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    OP has a 3" front lift

I say Dakars :thumbsup: , AP Expos :thumbsup: , or OMD :thumbsup:

6. Nov 2, 2012 at 6:30 AM
    Boulder Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD OR
    Christ! Now I feel like a dousche. Looks like this topic has been hammered out quite a few times. Especially by you OZ. I have to get better at this "search" thing. Sorry!
    Dakars are the way to go. I'm getting varied prices though, anywhere from $220/set to $400/set. Plus labor. If anyone has a target price I should be looking for, let me know.
    Anyway, grazie for the help!

Products Discussed in

To Top