Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu Gallery

Old 02-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #261
jprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to all
Navy: Honorably Discharged
Name: Joshua
jprovence's Tacoma Gallery
886's, 285's

Stock wheels and tires

Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #262
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovence View Post
886's, 285's

Good looking rig
Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #263
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggyZ View Post
Good looking Taco's people.

A question: I have decided to go with the OME kit. In the future I have designs on and ARB or similar front bumper. Should I just go ahead and get the 886's now, and if so what adjustments do I need to make to the back, if any? (Also, I do plan on adding air bags in back-also in the future, so take that into consideration, but I need the truck to drive well and look good prior to ARB and or/air bags, because you never know, the future can be a long time)

If you are going to get the ARB bumper I would go right ahead and get the 886 coils. Without the bumper it will be a little rough but with the bumper it will be just right.

As for the rear hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in and help with that. I got the Dakar springs and love them. I have the access cab and with no weight in the back it is a little rough but with weight it is a dream. Good luck and looking forward to see what you do.

Hope that kinda helps.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #265
heavy user
mm1ssdv is on a distinguished road

Navy: nuke sub mechanic / diver
Name: Chris
mm1ssdv's Tacoma Gallery
so happy to finally be posting in this thread!

885x coils, 5mm trim packer, 10mm top plates in front, dakar leaf pack, Nitrocharger Sport shocks, 265/75R16 (aka 31.5x10.5)

thought i was in for a shitty ride in the rear but i LOVE the way this suspension handles.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #267
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Front:
OME 882's/Nitrochargers/10mm trim packer

Rear:
OME Dakars/OME D6XL extra leaf/AllPro 1.5" Shackles/relocated Nitrocharger shocks

Misc:
extrended brake line/ubolt flip/spring relocation plates/1" 4Crawler Body lift

Tires:
33x12.50 R15 Goodyear MTR

Shock relocation

Works ok.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #269
squatnbear will become famous soon enoughsquatnbear will become famous soon enough
Marines:
squatnbear's Tacoma Gallery
I love them all!!! Nice rides all!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #270
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I saw/read every OME thread on this site. Missed this one somehow!

Here's one pic....more in my build thread.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #271
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1ssdv View Post
so happy to finally be posting in this thread!

885x coils, 5mm trim packer, 10mm top plates in front, dakar leaf pack, Nitrocharger Sport shocks, 265/75R16 (aka 31.5x10.5)

thought i was in for a shitty ride in the rear but i LOVE the way this suspension handles.

Missed this back when you posted. Looks bad ass!

I like the look of 265's with 3" lift.

bjboucher truck looks good, like to see some more pics on level ground!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #272
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Front:
OME 882's/Nitrochargers/10mm trim packer

Rear:
OME Dakars/OME D6XL extra leaf/AllPro 1.5" Shackles/relocated Nitrocharger shocks

Misc:
extrended brake line/ubolt flip/spring relocation plates/1" 4Crawler Body lift

Tires:
33x12.50 R15 Goodyear MTR

Shock relocation

Works ok.
Is the shock relocation to aid in articulation? I thought about doing something similar, but didn't know how well it would work
Old 08-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #273
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Missed this back when you posted. Looks bad ass!

I like the look of 265's with 3" lift.

bjboucher truck looks good, like to see some more pics on level ground!
Did you look through my build thread? I think there's one or two in there. I need to take more pictures of it one of these days.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #274
alr104 is on a distinguished road
alr104's Tacoma Gallery
Hey All, I'm finally able to add my rig to this thread! Huge thanks to everyone else who posted as TW is where I did all my research. Thanks Lodi87 for answering my questions. I'm really pleased with the OME stuff, my truck rides even smoother than it did before.

885 coils and LR UCA's up front
Nitro Charger shocks all around
1.5" add a leaf out back
Diff Drop installed
265/70-17

before

after
Old 09-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #275
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alr104 View Post
Hey All, I'm finally able to add my rig to this thread! Huge thanks to everyone else who posted as TW is where I did all my research. Thanks Lodi87 for answering my questions. I'm really pleased with the OME stuff, my truck rides even smoother than it did before.

1.5" add a leaf out back
Diff Drop installed
265/70-17

before

after
Very nice! Like the painted sport wheels, what did you use? DCLB FTW!
Old 09-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #276

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alr104 View Post

1.5" add a leaf out back
Diff Drop installed
265/70-17
Looks good! You could've saved yourself $30 on that diff drop, don't need 'em on the 2nd generation Tacomas. If you're having rear drive line issues, look into a carrier bearing drop kit as well.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #277
g34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Avionics
g34rh34d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by area 52 View Post
OME 886 with Dakar rear springs and light racing UCAs

^^^Very Nice^^^
Old 09-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #278
g34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shedg34rh34d is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Avionics
g34rh34d's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed this week:

Was:

Is:

Lovin it!
Old 09-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #279
alr104's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Very nice! Like the painted sport wheels, what did you use? DCLB FTW!
Thanks! I just spray bombed 'em. Its called "satin granite", got it at Home Depot.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #280
alr104's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Looks good! You could've saved yourself $30 on that diff drop, don't need 'em on the 2nd generation Tacomas. If you're having rear drive line issues, look into a carrier bearing drop kit as well.
Thanks! I've read so much about the OME stuff and it seams like people are split on installations and getting driveline vibration. I didnt have any issues before and I dont have any issues now after install. I had a friend put it in at his shop so he threw the drop in while it was up on the lift, he said it took like 10 minutes.