Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

new suspension for 3" Procomp Lift

Old 11-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
BookKeeping is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
BookKeeping's Tacoma Gallery
new suspension for 3" Procomp Lift

Hey, i have a 07 tacoma with a 3" pro comp lift. It's an amazing truck, but the ride itself is absolutely horrible. it feels like the shocks are just as stiff as can be. i had to replace my old front struts for new ones because the previous owner bent the bump stop and the strut itself somehow, and i think i replaced them with the Bilstein Sport struts. to be honest i have no clue what i'm doing, but i know that i want to replace the struts and the coilovers for a whole new ride feel.

i'd like a softer ride quality that can take bumps without making my head hit the roof. I've looked into Fox Motorsport Shox after a friend recommended them to me. does anyone have experience with that kind of suspension and can help me out on what i should do? price isn't really a problem as long as it isn't too extreme.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Icon.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had that lift.. anything will prob be better!

If you have the cash go for Coilovers (Fox, Icon ect..)
Old 11-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
BookKeeping is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
BookKeeping's Tacoma Gallery
Yea that's all things to think about. i'll probably decide this summer when i start working (i'm a student) but i'll deffinently go for both front with coilovers and then those back struts.

but hey i do have another suspsension question, are reservoirs on the shocks needed? there's both kits with and without. i'm not planning on making my truck a break the bank pricy offroader, just something i can take to the river when i have the time.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Not unless you're really heating them up in a situation like desert running or wheeling pretty hard for an extended time. They're a plus, but you probably won't need them. Most people here run either bilstein 5100 shocks or Old Man Emy shocks and neither of those have reservoirs.

BTW if you can't afford something like ICON suspension for a smoother ride the two stated above are decent alternatives, won't ride "smooth" per say, but will ride very nice for a truck, if that makes sense.