1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new suspension for 3" Procomp Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BookKeeping, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Nov 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM
    BookKeeping

BookKeeping [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Garden City, Kansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4.0
    Procomp 6" lift, Westin Nerf bars, K&N Air intake, Pioneer Double Din, Spyder headlights
    Hey, i have a 07 tacoma with a 3" pro comp lift. It's an amazing truck, but the ride itself is absolutely horrible. it feels like the shocks are just as stiff as can be. i had to replace my old front struts for new ones because the previous owner bent the bump stop and the strut itself somehow, and i think i replaced them with the Bilstein Sport struts. to be honest i have no clue what i'm doing, but i know that i want to replace the struts and the coilovers for a whole new ride feel.

i'd like a softer ride quality that can take bumps without making my head hit the roof. I've looked into Fox Motorsport Shox after a friend recommended them to me. does anyone have experience with that kind of suspension and can help me out on what i should do? price isn't really a problem as long as it isn't too extreme.

2. Nov 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
  3. Nov 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    RedDragonTaco

RedDragonTaco Knight Industies Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    Slc, UT
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Toytec 3" Ultimate w/ LR UCA's, 18" Rockstar rims, Nitto Grappler 285/65/18, OEM roof rack, foglight anytime mod, front bull bar and Smitty side steps, tonneau cover, debadged, BHLM, blacked out tail lights, stubby antenna, flowmaster
    I have the 3" toytec ultimate. Rides like a dream

4. Nov 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM
    Blacktacoma23

Blacktacoma23 If your tires don't rub you can fit bigger tires

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Mall Crawler/84'
    6" BDS DB, 37", Dirt King, Total chaos UCA's w/ Heims, Fox c/o's, 4-banger fenders, 37" Nittos, 4.88 w/ rear ARB, AP Expos, 17x9 Method beadlocks, cab mount relocation, "Insain fab" tub, 5% tint, 10" Rockford Fosgates, Magnaflow 18" custom catback exhaust, AFE intake, Trail Gear bumper, Crown brake lines F/R
    Ive had that lift.. anything will prob be better!

If you have the cash go for Coilovers (Fox, Icon ect..)

5. Nov 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    BookKeeping

BookKeeping [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Garden City, Kansas
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4.0
    Procomp 6" lift, Westin Nerf bars, K&N Air intake, Pioneer Double Din, Spyder headlights
    Yea that's all things to think about. i'll probably decide this summer when i start working (i'm a student) but i'll deffinently go for both front with coilovers and then those back struts.

but hey i do have another suspsension question, are reservoirs on the shocks needed? there's both kits with and without. i'm not planning on making my truck a break the bank pricy offroader, just something i can take to the river when i have the time.

6. Nov 4, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Not unless you're really heating them up in a situation like desert running or wheeling pretty hard for an extended time. They're a plus, but you probably won't need them. Most people here run either bilstein 5100 shocks or Old Man Emy shocks and neither of those have reservoirs.

BTW if you can't afford something like ICON suspension for a smoother ride the two stated above are decent alternatives, won't ride "smooth" per say, but will ride very nice for a truck, if that makes sense.

Products Discussed in

To Top