Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TW I need your advice...

Old 11-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
TW I need your advice...

I bought used Light Racing UCA's. They came with two damaged bushings which I was OK with. The bushing with smaller damage was already pressed in. The bushing with bigger damage wasn't pressed in, but I pressed it in.

Now I have a dilemma. I personally think that the damage on those two bushings won't effect anything and is purely cosmetic. BUT new bushings are only $25 + shipping from SPC.

What would you guys do? Leave the damaged bushings in or remove damaged bushings and order bushing kit from SPC?

Pictures of the damage;

Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
Do it right the first time then no worries. It's probably going to be on your mind everytime you drive that you have those damaged bushings in there. Then, say one day your steering feels funny or you develop a weird noise or squeak - your going to start wondering if it's the bushing etc........ Just take it from experience, and since the uca helps stabilize steering might as well be on the safe side.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
new bushings are only $25? i wouldn't even consider the damaged ones