Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Trying to Find the perfect 3" lift

Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
SR5Yoda has a spectacular aura aboutSR5Yoda has a spectacular aura about
SR5Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to Find the perfect 3" lift

I am trying to find the perfect 3" lift in all aspects for my 06' Access Cab Yoda, some examples below:

-Maintain Ride or Increase Ride Quality
-Great Value (Price=Quality)
-3" lift or slightly higher (No 2.5"- I want the extra .5"! lol)
-Fits 33" without a hassle

I have read a lot of threads on the issue and I have decided a suspension lift is the best for me. I will be installing it myself so install fee is indifferent. Right now I am leaning towards coilovers, add a leaf, and UCA's, I would like this lift to be under $1,000 complete. I am not a heavy wheeler at all but I like quality things that last so I don't have to worry about maintiance.

So if you guys could mention a couple quality products and set-ups you have used, maybe where you bought it, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5Yoda View Post
Right now I am leaning towards coilovers, add a leaf, and UCA's, I would like this lift to be under $1,000 complete.
Good luck. Most UCA sets alone are over $500.

Check out AllPro's stuff. Their Walker Evans setup gives a great ride and performs well offroad, and the price is extremely reasonable. I recommend the W/E reservoir shocks for their easy adjustability.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
SR5Yoda has a spectacular aura aboutSR5Yoda has a spectacular aura about
SR5Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
I expected the aftermarket UCA's too put me over. My $1000 goal includes coilovers/spacers/coils and shocks, add a leaf/block, rear shocks. whatever the combo but basically what actually lifts the truck. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ch-spring.html

Best deal going right now, but it's restricted to SoCal and people have already responded. Keep a sharp eye out for open-box deals if you're set on keeping it around $1000.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
Hardcore wheeler, try and keep up.... if you can.
SnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud of

SnoBoarder's Tacoma Gallery
To "maintain or increase ride quality" you'll want something better in the rear than an AAL. You'll want new leaf packs and shocks to get the lift, keep the ride quality, and give you some more rear articulation. But that will push you way over your budget, but worth every cent IMO.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #8
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ch-spring.html

Best deal going right now, but it's restricted to SoCal and people have already responded. Keep a sharp eye out for open-box deals if you're set on keeping it around $1000.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Best deal for a system that will last and
perform both on and off road
:

Replacement coil over kit-
Buy from a manufacturer that specializes in "shocks" and has a reputation of R&D and quality...
ICON'S - KINGS - FOX -

Rear Lift options-
Single Add-A-Leaf, inexpensive but often makes ride stiffer
Deaver "Mini-Pack", offers 3 progressive leafs that lift and improve ride.

Upper Control Arm Kit's-
Buy a kit that has a serviceable Uni-Ball, Ball joint arms have limited travel...
Total Chaos - Camburg -

These products are the best out there buy always remember you get what you pay for...

"The sweetness of a good deal is always ruined by the bitterness of poor quality!"
Old 01-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #10
type o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nice

type o negative's Tacoma Gallery
DownSouth, What about that Fox Performance kit on your page? Does it really come with the rear shocks as well? So all you would need is Leaf Springs to make it a complete lift?