Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Progressive springs?? Pros and Cons

Old 11-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
Progressive springs?? Pros and Cons

I have been thinking of a 3 inch lift.. However I am wondering if anyone makes progressive springs for our trucks to install in a mid-travel 3" lift.

Are progressives worth the hassle?? Any disadvantages to progressives??

Thanks
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Are you talking about the front or rear?
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Blygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlygy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blygy's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking front but rear as well.. I am sure they are more comfortable but are there any disadvantage.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blygy View Post
I was thinking front but rear as well.. I am sure they are more comfortable but are there any disadvantage.
Progressive leaf springs are a mixed bag & if they're done right you'll swear by them & never go back to a linear type spring, if they aren't built right you won't be able to rid yourself of them fast enough.. The other down side is that progressives will flatten out or lose ARC alot faster than a linear spring pack