LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

is this a good deal?

Old 01-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
is this a good deal?

Got a quote from my local shop for a 3" suspension lift up front and a 1.5" lift int he back comes with new front and rear shocks and it's made by tuff country for $520 does that sound like a good deal?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Is that including install if so then yeah good deal.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
no just the kit not installed? and would i still need ucas if i dont do any off roading?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ucas help with the allignment especially if your going 3"seems still like a good deal ask them how much is labor.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Tuff Country doesn't make a 3" suspension lift kit... they do make a 3" spacer lift, and $520 is a hell of a lot for a spacer lift.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Tuff Country doesn't make a 3" suspension lift kit... they do make a 3" spacer lift, and $520 is a hell of a lot for a spacer lift.
a coil spacer is still a suspension lift as far as I have always known.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com

What kind of shocks?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
a coil spacer is still a suspension lift as far as I have always known.
Yeah, nevermind... meant coil lift. Anyways, it's coil spacers and rear AAL's for $520, not even installed? You can get the same thing from Toytech for under $300.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
You can get a toytec 3" lift in the front and 2" in the back for around $299 and just get a set of 5100's all around for around $269 from DS Motorsports. That's what I got and I love it!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Yeah, nevermind... meant coil lift. Anyways, it's coil spacers and rear AAL's for $520, not even installed? You can get the same thing from Toytech for under $300.
agreed. to hell with $520 for just the kit even if it does have aal's instead of blocks.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #12
Top Gun Customz will become famous soon enough

Top Gun Customz's Tacoma Gallery
Ya that is way to much. We can get you set up with the same thing for abou 1/2 the price. Just give us a call here at the shop and we'll get you set up.-877-274-9362
Old 01-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
East Bound and Down

Top Gunz in Knoxville. Whats up dude, I think I passed your place last weekend. Are yall behind the chevy dealer going out towards the airport?

Edit: sorry dont want to steal a thread or anything. PM me
Old 01-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #14
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
You can get a toytec 3" lift in the front and 2" in the back for around $299 and just get a set of 5100's all around for around $269 from DS Motorsports. That's what I got and I love it!!!

so u mean a grand total of $569 right?
do the 5100s ride as good if not better than stock?

Y the hell are UCA'S so much money???
Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post
so u mean a grand total of $569 right?
do the 5100s ride as good if not better than stock?

Y the hell are UCA'S so much money???
Yeah should be less then $600 if you get it from the right places. Well, now ride wise I love it. A bit stiffer but that's a good thing. Now I can't compare it to the stocks because I got my setup all installed at once. But about 95% of people told me to go with the 5100's and take out the stock shocks. Haha!! Yeah UCA's are a bit over the edge in price! That is completely up to you though. I just got them because I wanted my alignment right and I had the money too. I know many people that run with the stock ones and they don't have any issues.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #16
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Do it the right way- WITHOUT ANY SPACERS! Not to mention almost half the price! We give all members the Bilstien Pre-Load adjustable kits for $269.99 SIPPED FOR FREE! Easy installation and a far superior product and ride...!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #17
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100's are designed specifically for your truck by one of the largest performance shock companies in the world! Its hard to compare a "Lift Spacer" that uses the stock O.E. strut to a Nitrogen Mono Tube shock with specific valving-

Toyota TRD thinks they are worth it...!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 AM   #18
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Heavy Repair CE
Name: Mike and Denise
mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
I got my 4 bilstein 5100 from Down south motor sports, great guys there and very helpful. I think the ride is fantastic and it looks like a truck should now. I got my fronts installed and an alignment for $189.00. The guy did say afterwards he wont do any more for that price.