1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Break Lines

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by WiR3D, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Nov 6, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    WiR3D

WiR3D [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 TRD DCSB
    Alright.. So I have heard from a couple people that I will need to replace my rear brake lines when I install my lift this weekend. How true is this? I have tried searching on the forums for the answer but I have not found anything. Maybe Im just not looking in the right places? Anyhow, if someone can point me into the right direction then great!

So my question is.. Do I HAVE to replace my rear brakelines with the installation of an OME 3in lift and AAL rear from Toytec or will I be completely fine with leaving them as stock?

Thank you for whatever you can provide! I just want to make sure everything goes smooth this weekend and setup correctly! First time installing a lift.

2. Nov 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    First off, brakes :)

As far as replacing them, it really depends on the way you intend to use it and what setup you are installing (TSB, non-TSB, 1.5" AAL, 2" AAL). Even with the 2" AAL, you will likely be fine with the stock lines, just pay attention during your installation. You can unbolt the center bolt that secures the lines during the install if you notice them getting tight when you're dropping the axle for the AAL install.

Post install, get everything buttoned up, keep the truck on the jack stands and lower the axle to full droop (keeping an eye on the lines). At full droop, the lines shouldn't be stretched. If they are, you'd better stay on the road and avoid flexing the suspension until you can get them replaced with longer lines. Personally, I'm running 2" of rear lift on stock lines and have not had any issues to date.

3. Nov 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM
    TruKnight

TruKnight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tru
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Autobot Mall Crawler
    read build thread
    youll be fine with the lines you have on there now, just keep an eye on em when jacking and installing things so you dont stretch em too far. I didnt replace em or anything when I did mine.

but if your planning on doing actual offroading, you should get extended lines to accomodate all the extra flexing youll be doing to em.

the thing to be careful of when installing your lift is not the brake air lines so much as it is the abs data lines, they are far more fragile, and if you pinch em or put too much stress on em you could damage em and cause data errors. this is mostly for the front install btw, the line is attached to your uca's by two clips, youll see it. make sure to take it out of the clips and give it as much slack as you can. also be sure to hang onto the spindle firmly when you knock it free from the uca to install your new coil assembly, it will drop if you dont and may damage the line.

good luck with the install sir!

4. Nov 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    WiR3D

WiR3D [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 TRD DCSB
    Awesome! Thanks for the input guys! Really helps out a lot! Ill be sure to watch out for that ABS line and not drop the spindle! Oh btw... I fixed the BRAKE issue in the OP.. haha!

Products Discussed in

To Top