Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach coils destroyed my mechanic's spring compressor

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach coils destroyed my mechanic's spring compressor

... So I don't get my truck back until tomorrow now. 5100's are @ zero too... Guess the tool wasn't rated for 620 lb/in.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
GHOST TACO is on a distinguished road
GHOST TACO's Tacoma Gallery
damn...the eibach coils are strong'''
Old 11-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Your mechanic needs to upgrade to big boy tools
Old 11-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Your mechanic needs to upgrade to big boy tools
Pretty sure that's what's going on now.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Seems weird. I cranked mine down with the 5100's at 2.5 and 1.75 with a cheap ass $30 spring compressor from harbor freight.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #8

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Seems weird. I cranked mine down with the 5100's at 2.5 and 1.75 with a cheap ass $30 spring compressor from harbor freight.
Geez I'm just hoping he didn't install the lower spring seat upside-down or something.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Price went up mine was red but this is what I use.

http://www.harborfreight.com/single-...sor-43753.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex View Post
This is kinda why I didn't do it myself. Not crazy about the detrimental effects of potential energy.
I'm no mechanic and I have don't it one 3 Tacoma just fine. Followed chris4x4's write up and it was easy.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #12
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Price went up mine was red but this is what I use.

http://www.harborfreight.com/single-...sor-43753.html

I'm no mechanic and I have don't it one 3 Tacoma just fine. Followed chris4x4's write up and it was easy.
I got a different model, same style as that one but the hooks were too big to fit between the coils. Had to return it. I ordered that hydraulic compressor and it worked fine with the stock springs but the Eibachs had me sketched out.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #13
GHOST TACO is on a distinguished road
GHOST TACO's Tacoma Gallery
When i installed the eibachs i used my floor jack and used the weight of the vehicle to replace them ..i know it is not the safest way but all the spring compressors i was using were not compressing the spring enough..
Old 11-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #14
ManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ManMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST TACO View Post
When i installed the eibachs i used my floor jack and used the weight of the vehicle to replace them ..i know it is not the safest way but all the spring compressors i was using were not compressing the spring enough..
I did the same. MUCH safer than having a spring compressor break!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
This stone age compressor has over 20 sets of coils under its belt.
Eibachs at .85 on 5100s, 885s, 886, stockers at 2.5.
Still works, not real fast but dependable and way safer than the half assed loaners from auto parts stores.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Seems legit
Old 11-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
620# springs are very light in terms of truck springs ....his machine was old and abused I'm sure.

My 700# springs prob would of exploded the machine
Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #18

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
620# springs are very light in terms of truck springs ....his machine was old and abused I'm sure.

My 700# springs prob would of exploded the machine
Yeah... Actually when I asked about what happened he said there wasn't even that much load on it when it happened. Said the tool was old and had it coming. Lucky it wasn't when fully compressed I guess.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
This stone age compressor has over 20 sets of coils under its belt.
Eibachs at .85 on 5100s, 885s, 886, stockers at 2.5.
Still works, not real fast but dependable and way safer than the half assed loaners from auto parts stores.

I had my springs done on this exact compressor and it works the best from any springs compressors I have ever seen.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I can double the speed if I get two 15/16 box rachets

Products Discussed in this Thread