Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TBS Leaf recall before aal lift?

Old 11-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
kjtaco09 is on a distinguished road

Name: KJ
kjtaco09's Tacoma Gallery
TBS Leaf recall before aal lift?

Hey TW quick question.. I have a 2009 Tacoma access cab v64wd that I bought used. After reading many posts about lifts and AAL’s andafter TSB leaf recall AAL lifts I was wondering, before I do any lift with anAAL should I try to get the TSB harsh ride leaf done or will it not matter onceI do an AAL and new shocks? –Thanks.. KJ
Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Sure, get the TSB if you can. Somewhere down the road you'll need an AAL or leaf replacement but as long as they offer it I'd get it & go from there...
Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Like Doug said, if you can get the TSB done, do it. If you have plans to lift your truck, I'd lift it right after getting the TSB completed. The reason I say that is putting an AAL into a fresh, new leaf pack will have a longer life span than throwing an AAL into an old, tired leaf pack.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Like Doug & Mike said get it if you can.
You may or may not want to put on an AAL in the future.
A local member with the TSB leafs only lifted the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Finally installed my OME 884s, Billies all around, ProComp 7089s, and KM2s

Before:

After OME and Billies:

With the new shoes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
The rims are 16x8, 265/75/16 tires, and I have the TSB pack. When we originally put the lift on it looked to lean a little but now I can't really tell. Maybe my driveway is crooked but at this time no spacers for lean.
Some reading about the TSB leafs. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...some-pics.html
Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
kjtaco09 is on a distinguished road

Name: KJ
kjtaco09's Tacoma Gallery

This was exactly what I was thinking!! Have the dealer doall the heavy loosening greasy old bolt work then i put a lift in right after.I have the 3 leaf pack now and no joke when I but 300-400 pounds in back she nolikey.. I really hope the dealership doesn’t give me a hard time :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Like Doug said, if you can get the TSB done, do it. If you have plans to lift your truck, I'd lift it right after getting the TSB completed. The reason I say that is putting an AAL into a fresh, new leaf pack will have a longer life span than throwing an AAL into an old, tired leaf pack.