Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

front=5"-6" rear=??? how do i get my rear to match my front height. 2x4

Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
marcballz is on a distinguished road
Name: Marc
marcballz's Tacoma Gallery
front=5"-6" rear=??? how do i get my rear to match my front height. 2x4

well im gonna be lifting my 08' 2gen taco soon. already got some parts coming in (:
got the maxtrac 4" spindles & wanted to combine them with some 1500 w/ eibach coils (1.6") putting me right around 5.5 inches of height up front.. maybe will go up more if i preset the 1500 at .85 putting me almost at 6.5 inches o.0

my question is how do i get my rear to match 5 - 6 inches??

originally my plan was to go with (3") Allpro expo leaf packs with the stock 1" rake putting me at 4" which isnt 2 bad. but i would prefer to be at 5.5" in the rear.. what can i do ?

i heard about a shackle flip that might help but not entirely sure yet..
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-flip-kit.html

anyone have input on this?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Extended shackles maybe? Defined Engineering makes some pretty sweet ones.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcballz View Post
well im gonna be lifting my 08' 2gen taco soon. already got some parts coming in (:
got the maxtrac 4" spindles & wanted to combine them with some 1500 w/ eibach coils (1.6") putting me right around 5.5 inches of height up front.. maybe will go up more if i preset the 1500 at .85 putting me almost at 6.5 inches o.0

my question is how do i get my rear to match 5 - 6 inches??

originally my plan was to go with (3") Allpro expo leaf packs with the stock 1" rake putting me at 4" which isnt 2 bad. but i would prefer to be at 5.5" in the rear.. what can i do ?

i heard about a shackle flip that might help but not entirely sure yet..
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-flip-kit.html

anyone have input on this?
Alcan can make u a custom leaf pack for any lift and weight carrying requirements you have
Old 11-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
alcan seems like it might get pretty pricy :/
plus just checked out the forum needed to fill & i dont know half of the stuff it asks 4

maybe it just will be cheaper & easier to keep it at 4 and call it a day...

does anyone know how many leafs in stock leaf pack?
or the size of factory spare
Old 11-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Check out this build, he is running a similar setup to what you are getting.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...uas-build.html

OME 883=1.5''
Elbach =1.6''

I have 5100@0 and 883 and the ride is very smooth
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
thanks for ur 2 cents, smooth ride is important for me
i read that 5100 with ome is a bad combination

5100 with ebiach was better. something about the 1500 not dampening the coil well enough? but maybe since there 883 there not that stiff