Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best 3" lift

Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
Gloade16 is on a distinguished road

Gloade16's Tacoma Gallery
Best 3" lift

I'm looking to get a 3 inch lift on my 07 Tacoma. And was wondering what would be the best lift to go with, looking for a smooth ride and absorbing bumps very well. Tell me your thoughts please!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
What is your price range?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
Gloade16 is on a distinguished road

Gloade16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw154 View Post
What is your price range?
Doesn't really matter, ill consider anything
If its a good lift
Old 11-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
603sign is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
603sign's Tacoma Gallery
I did the rough country 3" paid 250 for the kit put it in myself wasn't bad at all 3 hours.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
08yota is on a distinguished road
Name: cody
08yota's Tacoma Gallery
How does the rough country ride? im looking at getting it for my truck. also since you did it yourself did you have to get a coil spring compressor for the front?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
It's called "rough country" for a reason lol!

Icon FTW!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
603sign is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
603sign's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08yota View Post
How does the rough country ride? im looking at getting it for my truck. also since you did it yourself did you have to get a coil spring compressor for the front?

yeah it's a little stiffer, but thats what you get with a spacer lift. but no spring compression necessary.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #8
timmyedge is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Ammo
Name: Timmy
timmyedge's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to timmyedge
if I were you I would go 5100's or OME setup..you can get ither ones w/UCAs for around $1500. Remember you get what you pay for (rough country). There are better brands ofcourse but depends of the use of it. I personally just bought a complete OME kit w/dakers and LR UCAs..
Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
If you have an open budget go with toytec ultimate or OME
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #10
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
OME
Old 12-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
He was asking BEST lift not cheapest or most economical. If you want suspension to absorb bumps the best, you'll need a high end coilover.....pick a color Icon, Fox and King are the best for bolt on performance!

Long Travel would be your BEST option....it's still bolt on just a little more involved! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloade16 View Post
I'm looking to get a 3 inch lift on my 07 Tacoma. And was wondering what would be the best lift to go with, looking for a smooth ride and absorbing bumps very well. Tell me your thoughts please!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
Direct Representative
ICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing about our product line for the Tacoma is how modular it is. You can build over time making it better and better depending on your needs or desires.

Here are some pictures of a few new things we are releasing in the next couple weeks.....more info will be posted soon.

ICON 05+ Tacoma Hydraulic Air Bumpstop Kit

Here is the New ICON S2 Modular Performance System

For Remote Reservoir applications we are offering our NEW Compression Damping Control Valve for external adjustment to compression valving, allowing you to fine tune the ride to your liking.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Nice setup on the Icons.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #15
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post

Please explain to me how the secondary doesn't bottom out before the coilover. I realize you guys use long rod ends to clear the CV's for the coilovers...but is it THAT long of a rod end? I mean there's over an inch and half difference between the bottom of the shock bodies.

I also find it mildly amusing there's still a sway bar in there
Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
Good thing about our product line for the Tacoma is how modular it is. You can build over time making it better and better depending on your needs or desires.

Here are some pictures of a few new things we are releasing in the next couple weeks.....more info will be posted soon.

ICON 05+ Tacoma Hydraulic Air Bumpstop Kit

For Remote Reservoir applications we are offering our NEW Compression Damping Control Valve for external adjustment to compression valving, allowing you to fine tune the ride to your liking.

Oh my.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #18
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
DSYLEXC is on a distinguished road
DSYLEXC's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed an Icon Stage 4 kit on my truck. Wouldn't do it any other way...
Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #20
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Please explain to me how the secondary doesn't bottom out before the coilover. I realize you guys use long rod ends to clear the CV's for the coilovers...but is it THAT long of a rod end? I mean there's over an inch and half difference between the bottom of the shock bodies.

I also find it mildly amusing there's still a sway bar in there

I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking a bit (being conservative) overkill for factory length arms. Just all seems really crammed in there and unnecessary. Just my opinion though.