Options for more Clearance

Old 11-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
ItsASalvage is on a distinguished road
Name: Steven
ItsASalvage's Tacoma Gallery
Options for more Clearance

2008 Tacoma Double Cab
TRD Off Road Package, V6 with new King 2.0's and Goodyear MTRs

I am really enjoying my King 2.0s, but now starting to regret getting them before considering a LT kit. I'm getting some rub whenever I get more than a couple feet in the air and was looking for more clearance. I think the post about LT Kits is perfectly meant for me; not a wrencher or experienced, just wanting to get some air!

I only need a couple more inches, but the guys at my local shop said I can't extend the Kings any further because I don't have enough travel. I don't think I'll consider going LT, but I was wondering if I even can with the 2.0s or if I would need new shocks.

My buddy suggested a body lift, but I know that can be its own ball of wax.. Would you have any recommendations to allow for more air with minimal mods? I use it as a Daily Driver too, so I'm trying to find that balance of a reliable vehicle that I can go smash on the weekends. Should I just man up and get the body lift, or is that not really going to solve my issue?

Appreciate the advice fellas,
-Steven
Old 11-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
A body lift will do nothing for you at all.

Sounds like to me you should post this in the LT section. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...el-suspension/
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
get inside the front fenders and cut some of the black protective plastic away.. you won't rub at all..