Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Complete lift kit for 2012?

Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
blubuckaroo is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
blubuckaroo's Tacoma Gallery
Complete lift kit for 2012?

I'm looking for a complete lift kit for my 2012 four door. Something like 3" front and 1" rear complete with the upper control arms, differential drop and coil over struts. Is there a vendor that sells the complete kit?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
The upper control arms usually aren't in a package deal. I believe downsouth motor sports has a package deal with UCAs like they have a front package with icon coilovers and UCAs or their midtravel package includes UCAs. But if i were you i would just look for the lift kit and get the UCAs separate, all the brands should be compatible with any coilover.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
Forgot toyteclifts. OP, all these places will have full kits with everything you need, then just get some new upper control arms and you will be all set
Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #5
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Forgot toyteclifts. OP, all these places will have full kits with everything you need, then just get some new upper control arms and you will be all set
That's what I did. Ordered mine from TOYTEC and added the LR UCAs, rear brake lines (not necessary, I just wanted them), and shims.
How I got it from TOYTEC
Complete lift kit for 2012?-ome-kit.jpg
Old 11-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
I went with Sonny at Down South Motorsports. All you need to do is call, tell him how you drive your truck and what you want and he'll set you up right, plus customer service is awesome from them!

I just went with coilovers and rear shocks, no UCA. Since I am not cranking my coils up over 2 ish inches and my coils are not extended travel i dont need UCA's. By the way, an extended travel coil over will only get you ~7/8 inch of extra down travel at the wheel.

Just call and he'll put together a package thats right for you and right the first time!

~M
Old 11-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
Well are the RediLift lift kits any good? They use the original struts but look good to me.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubuckaroo View Post
Well are the RediLift lift kits any good? They use the original struts but look good to me.
No spacers suck don't it
Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
No spacers suck don't it
So what makes a spacer over the strut inferior? My truck is pretty much a mall cruiser that needs more clearance for the speed bumps.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #10
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubuckaroo View Post
My truck is pretty much a mall cruiser that needs more clearance for the speed bumps.
I wanna put this in my sig
Old 11-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #11
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 11-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I wanna put this in my sig
Well from what I've seen, there are a lot of full coil-over lifts running around that won't see air or boulders. What I need is a bit of lift. My truck is new and already has some nice Bilstein shocks. What are my options without going over the top with thee suspension?