Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 885x irregularity? (I think so)

Old 11-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885x irregularity? (I think so)

I wanted to give everyone a heads up since I seem to have unique 885x coils from OME. I started another thread about a month ago regarding rough ride with my OME 885x & top plate spacer and I now have the answer. My OME springs gave me 3" alone and the top plate another 1". Most if not all Double Cabs should net about 2.5", not mine. Naturally 4" and some change on a 4x4 was maxing out my CVs and giving me a super stiff ride with basically zero down travel. With massive help from ETaco23 (aka, he did all the work) he took the top plate spacer off and we measured a touch over 3". I now have the great ride that everyone had been talking about with this lift...oh, and I now have rake (yay!).

I don't know if I had taller springs or what was the deal. What I do suggest is that anyone considering the OME 885x and top spacer is to order the 1/4" spacer, not the 1/2 that Toytec offers with the full kit. ETaco23 and I agreed that the 1/2 spacer with the springs was most likely the kit suggested on the plain 885 non X springs since they tended to sag overtime. Toytec says for the "full 3 inches" order the top spacer...which I somewhat disagree with since you should order the 1/4 spacer instead of the 1/2 option (which is the only option) in their drop down order form. I seem to be the unique case with the taller 885x coils so I don't expect others to have the same problem. But, if you do I wanted to document my experience for others to be aware of.

Again, big props goes out to ETaco23 for helping me out today...thanks bud!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4
Old 11-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was the same way, took the top plate spacer off and now it's perfect.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Mine was the same way, took the top plate spacer off and now it's perfect.
I'm not alone, good to hear. So you got 3" with just the springs?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I was at 3" with the 885x's. now I have the 886's on for my new bumper and ill be putting the top plate spacer back on to see if it helps with the rubbing.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Yeah I was at 3" with the 885x's. now I have the 886's on for my new bumper and ill be putting the top plate spacer back on to see if it helps with the rubbing.
Thanks for posting! Now we have two documented cases of 3" with just the springs.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OME shocks ?
Yup!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
It was crazy high with the Spacers.. about 4+ inches of lift.. :0

After removing the spacer's, he was perfect.. about 3.25"s of lift and the CV's looked alot happier.

Its stupid that 4wheelparts claimed his CV angles were fine. And basically didnt want to remove the spacers. So I told him I would help him out and save him some dough...
Oh! and Nice truck by the way.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
Currently my front sits out of whack after installing 886x coils.
Front Driver 23 3/16"
Front Passenger 23 13/16"
5/8 difference.

I ordered a 10mm spacer from Wheeler's in hopes that this will fix it. They claim that this spacer gives 1/2" to 5/8" lift. Well see.

edit: Before install the front was level.