Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1.5" AAL with TSB or 2" AAL NO TSB

Old 11-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
1.5" AAL with TSB or 2" AAL NO TSB

Hi all, been searching around and can't really find a specific thread that covers this. I am about to put on eibach coils and billy 5100 @ 0.85 setting, my question is does it make sense to have tsb done and then a 1.5" aal (this would be 5 leafs total)? or just go with a 2" AAL and have 4 leafs total? I had a 2" AAL on my previous tacoma and it sagged pretty bad after only a couple of months. I have a 250 pound apprx leer cap on this one and it's bottoming out bad stock. Would 4 leafs reduce possiblity of rear take-off vibes vs the 5 leaf combo?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
What total lift do you have in the front?

With that much weight in the back...I WOULD NOT get an AAL.

Get a NEW aftermarket leaf pak that's designed to lift your truck (to match the front) AND be able to support the 250lb cap.

Do it right the first time.... An AAL (no matter what leaf pak its paired with) WILL SAG with that much weight on it over time.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was hoping to get the max lift in the front without getting uca's. Seems as though ppl on here have had good luck with 1.6" eibach and 0.85" 5100 for 2.4" apprx lift up front without needing uca's. What new leaf pack would you recommend to handle the weight, minimize sag, and achieve 2" of rear lift, my truck has only a slight rake due to the cap. I prefer rake over level, and i def dont want a sagging rear, thats what she said.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
The big difference is the cap. I agree. Do it right the first time. I would think that the leaf spring Co. Would know best how to build them for your specs.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
METAL!

What if I did TSB with 1" rear block, I already have the block from toytec from when my rear had sagged on my previous taco, just never installed em. With this I'd set the billies at 1.75". I wouldn't have to worry about the blocks sagging... would I need even longer U bolts then the ones that came from toytec if I had TSB installed? Also would I need 5100s in the Rear with this setup?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoSlayer View Post
What if I did TSB with 1" rear block, I already have the block from toytec from when my rear had sagged on my previous taco, just never installed em. With this I'd set the billies at 1.75". I wouldn't have to worry about the blocks sagging... would I need even longer U bolts then the ones that came from toytec if I had TSB installed? Also would I need 5100s in the Rear with this setup?
Are you able to get the TSB for free under warranty?

If not... I wouldn't buy them. You can find better aftermarket springs that'll have a higher spring rate (to support that 250 lbs).
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
METAL!

Yea it's still under warranty, only have 9k miles on it haha, only have a 0.5 mile commute to work
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoSlayer View Post
Yea it's still under warranty, only have 9k miles on it haha, only have a 0.5 mile commute to work
Have you even tried to get the TSB for free under warranty?

I don't think it's as easy to get them now as it was 5 years ago.