Notices

What rear 5100's??

Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What rear 5100's??

I have searched...
I have asked Toytec.... She seemed very unsure.....

I am getting confused info about what rear 5100's I need.
The kit I am looking at buy is the Toytec BK0510 it comes with the standard length rear 5100's (C476)

DSM sites says with the 5100's if you have the 4 leaf pack you may need the extended shocks B110.
I have the 4 leaf pack and if I add the AAL from this kit do I require the extended shocks?

I also hate that toytec cant throw in new Ubolts in this kit and can in the one with pre assembled shocks... throw in the Ubolts guys WTF!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what kit that is exactly, but with 1.5-2" of lift in the rear the C476 5100s are the appropriate shock to use. Some people do use the longer B110, but the bump stops need to be modified so that you don't bottom out the shock and ruin it.
Normally a Single Leaf style AAL does not need longer u-bolts.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply... As for the ubolts from what I understand they should never be reused.. I jut think any kit they should be included. They do if you use the blocks so why not send with the AAL
Old 11-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
The aal is only approx 3/8" thick or less usually. A block is at least 1" thick or more. Using the stock length u-bolts is not even an option with a block. As far as re-using u-bolts, well that is a personal preference.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Not sure what kit that is exactly, but with 1.5-2" of lift in the rear the C476 5100s are the appropriate shock to use. Some people do use the longer B110, but the bump stops need to be modified so that you don't bottom out the shock and ruin it.
Normally a Single Leaf style AAL does not need longer u-bolts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
The aal is only approx 3/8" thick or less usually. A block is at least 1" thick or more. Using the stock length u-bolts is not even an option with a block. As far as re-using u-bolts, well that is a personal preference.
This man speaks the truth