Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3 inch lift

Old 08-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
TommyTaco is on a distinguished road
TommyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
3 inch lift

How much did you all pay. I got a quote yesterday for about 1600 parts and labor. Is this legit?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTaco View Post
How much did you all pay. I got a quote yesterday for about 1600 parts and labor. Is this legit?
Ya thats about the going rate for a SKYJACKER. Buy a TOYTEC and do it yourself its not really that hard took me about 4 hrs. If you live close to me I'll help you.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec cost me $300 and installed it myself, not that hard. Best upgrade for the money you can do for your truck.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I have the TRD so i wont be replacing the coils or shocks if when/if i get a lift. I will just use toytec's basic kit that sells for $210. after i get all the accesories (diff drop kit etc...) it should run me about 300 total, then i will instal it myself. 1600 sounds steep for just a 3"
Old 08-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
it probably utilizes front coil overs instead of coil spacers which are $800-1100
Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
it probably utilizes front coil overs instead of coil spacers which are $800-1100
yeah but unless he is going to do alot of hardcore offroading his factory shocks work fine with toytec. No need to blow all that money unless he is really gonna put those heavy duty parts to use
Old 08-14-2007, 10:20 AM   #7
TommyTaco is on a distinguished road
TommyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't plan on doing any extreme off roading. What do these kits include? What exactly are spacers? How big of a tire can I go with a 3 inch lift? Thanks for all of your help.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #8

nd's Tacoma Gallery
if you go to toyteclifts.com you can check out everything that comes with these lifts. If you have the factory suspension you may want to go with the one that comes with OME springs, that set up runs you around $300. you will probably want to look at some of the options at the botom like the front differential drop kit etc.... things that will keep your angles as close to stock as possible to keep your joints from wearing. I think some people are running 33's with a three inch lift with minimal rubbing, but i plan on going with 32's. anyway, there are alot of people on this site that can give you more/better info than me. hopefully one of them will respond.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:46 AM   #9
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
The toytec lifts come with everything you need minus the tools. The front spacer lift is actually a set of aluminum blocks that compress your srings about 1.25" more than stock. They also come with a 0.75" spacer that moves your spring/strut setup lower. This 2" change close to your engine equals 3" at your tire. The add-a-leaf rear suspension lift is exactly that, an extra leaf spring that you add to the leaf pack with raises your rear 2". I have installed this kit as well as the 1" diff drop a few weeks ago. I have not yet had time to take pictures, but it will come soon.
I have just ordered 265/70/17 tires for mu truck. They are mickey thompsons and equal 31.9" I have heard that most people can run 32"tires with this lift, but 33"cause rubbing.
Be carefull which tires you order. 265/70/17 in another brand actually equal closer to 31" So if I chose that brand I could go up a size.