Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question on the OME diff drop.....

Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Question on the OME diff drop.....

So, the build starts thurs. I bought the full OME kit w\ the Dakar spring pack from toytec. I also bought the diff drop thinking it was a must. Should I put it in or not. And what would be the reasons for not putting it in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OME doesn't make a diff drop , do you mean the CB drop , the FK29 ?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
No I ordered from toytec and it came with a front diff drop.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
No I ordered from toytec and it came with a front diff drop.
Oh , I gotcha

That's not an OME component , just a generic Toytec add on

Popular sentiment here is that they provide no benefit on 2nd gens
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Popular sentiment here is that they provide no benefit on 2nd gens
This^^^^
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, i'm kinda feeling that....whatcha think, leave it off and wait to see if there is any vibes or anything?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
Ya, i'm kinda feeling that....whatcha think, leave it off and wait to see if there is any vibes or anything?
Yes
Old 11-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
OK....sounds good. Thanks Guys!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
If you do have vibes after lift in front also consider the ECG mod before doing a dif drop seems to be the way to go.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda depends on where the vibes are coming from as to the best way to solve them
Old 11-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
^ Well, right...I'm hoping I won't have to worry about vibes....Let the tacoma gods be happy this thursday...
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #12
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival...At the dealer now for 15K service and getting them to check out the "clunk" I'm getting at low speeds when turning and about to shift from R to D. They claim it's because I didn't do a front diff drop with my lift and that it's "binding the driveshaft."

I hear that the Toytec Diff Drop doesn't really do anything (as I see Oz quotes here) but does that mean it doesn't really help CV angles or that it doesn't help with actual vibes?

And how would I install the Diff Drop if I got it?

Matt
Old 02-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #13
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Thread revival...At the dealer now for 15K service and getting them to check out the "clunk" I'm getting at low speeds when turning and about to shift from R to D. They claim it's because I didn't do a front diff drop with my lift and that it's "binding the driveshaft."

I hear that the Toytec Diff Drop doesn't really do anything (as I see Oz quotes here) but does that mean it doesn't really help CV angles or that it doesn't help with actual vibes?

And how would I install the Diff Drop if I got it?

Matt
going to install the diff drop on my truck this weekend, i'll keep you posted with before/after pics too
Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #14
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
I went over to my local truck shop after my service appt. to have them help me with wiring my lightbar and had them attempt to check out the clunk I'm getting. After a couple minutes of driving and reversing in circles in the parking lot, we couldn't get the noise to even happen, so I'm just going to keep an eye on it. Not too worried as it only happens every so often.

Matt