Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

HELP - 6" Lift Kit

Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Snow.White.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Snow.White.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
HELP - 6" Lift Kit

I'm just starting to look into install a 6" lift on my '08 Tacoma Double Cab. I don't know what brand or what would be the best kit - - so I'm hoping someone could help me out! (Brand/price/parts/etc.) Probably gonna look at gears, dif locker, and whatever else you think I need. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
You're talking about getting lockers and gears, which implies to me you're going to do some serious wheeling. Have you considered the detrimental effects of having a drop bracket lift and clearance issues? You can get the same, if not more clearance and travel from a mid-travel 3" kit.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #4

I have a 3" right now...want something bigger. I'm also just curious to what everyone thinks about a 6". Too much work or what? And I'll be doing mudding..lol no serious rock crawling. Is it really worth it?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #5

I should mention its a 3" leveling kit.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
I vote Pro Comp or Fabtech for a six inch lift on your vehicle. Given you wish to maintain IFS.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
DOnt do it man. If you get the ALL pro lift kit you can sit the same height is crap drop bracket.

FOr instance i have 6 inch lift with 315/70/17 tires and Monkey proof has the ALL pro lit kit with 35's and he sit the same height as me. He way more travel then i do.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #8

Is there a thread for the All Pro kit?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
total chaos 2" lt kit
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #13
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
a decent mid travel setup with extended coilovers will dramaticly outperform a DB lift anyday, on or off the trails. For the ultimate setup I would suggest the long travel kits either by All Pro or TC. Both kits are high in quality and performance.

Here's my AllPro LT kit in action from a few weeks ago..

Old 11-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #15
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Last Chance Canyon in the Red Rock Canyon State Park. Pretty much on the other side of highway 14 and Jawbone /Dove Springs OHV areas
Old 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #17
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
i have right at 4,000 in my DB with lift, rims, tires, and labor.

Pro comp stage 1
35x12.50x18 toyo mt
Helo 18's

Old 11-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #18
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFD2005 View Post
i have right at 4,000 in my DB with lift, rims, tires, and labor.

Pro comp stage 1
35x12.50x18 toyo mt
Helo 18's

^^^^ SIIIICKKK!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
if you're just mudding a drop bracket will be fine. these guys climb rocks and other rough terrain and it would get in the way (aka get destroyed) in their situations. but if you just wanna be up high and fit some big tires, it's a pretty easy solution while still being able to retain stock angles
Old 11-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #20
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
if you're just mudding a drop bracket will be fine. these guys climb rocks and other rough terrain and it would get in the way (aka get destroyed) in their situations. but if you just wanna be up high and fit some big tires, it's a pretty easy solution while still being able to retain stock angles
No way jose , that DB acts like a giant shovel/plow lol