Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Camburg Uniball Vs Oem

Old 11-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
MGMAddict is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
MGMAddict's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg Uniball Vs Oem

Hey guys I was curious what you guys thought. I need new UCAs and money is not the problem its deciding on a uniball setup or a oem ball joint set up. I know the uniball performance wise is best but I live in pa and I'm worried about the winters we have and running a uniball setup unsealed. Any comments?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
As long as you get the stainless ones you should be fine. Just grease them every oil change or as needed.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
MGMAddict is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
MGMAddict's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
As long as you get the stainless ones you should be fine. Just grease them every oil change or as needed.
What would be best like a spray lithium grease?
Old 11-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
There should be 2 zerks per UCA. I just pump some lithium grease in them until it comes out then wipe it off. The uniballs on the other hand don't need maintenance. Just a couple of dabs of tri-flow if they give you any squeaky noises.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
wolfman00 is on a distinguished road
Name: matt
wolfman00's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with balljoints. If you lived down south I'd uniballs would be fine, but where you live you will have to squirt triflow or mtb chain oil on them every few days to keep the squeeking down/rust. (unless you got stainless, then its just squeeking)