Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 and 884x coils plus 1 1/2 AAL installed (pics before and after)pic heavy

Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
5100 and 884x coils plus 1 1/2 AAL installed (pics before and after)pic heavy

After months of deciding and talking with several members I went with the 884x coils and a 1/4 spacer for drivers side. I wanted right around 2.5 inches of lift in front. I installed everything myself with the help of a friends hand and foot ( the foot was important!) For the front I loosened the cam bolts on the lower control arm and the two bolts under the knuckle, The lower control arm didnt swing freely like I thought so thats where dougs foot came in handy. back against the garage door leg pressing the hell out of the lower control arm so i could remove the strut. This method worked but not easy. I rented a tool from autozone and compressed the coils and I will admit I was scared.

Enough talking about it; Here are some pics

sitting stock

went with the 5100s and set them at 1.75 in front with no tsb in back

Added a 1 1/2 AAL in the back

Then the finished product with the OME 884X coils and the 5100s set on 0

(just out of the garage)

2 days later

The ride is amazing by the way, better in corners and speed bumps feel like clouds.

Measurments BEFORE @ 1.75

from center of hub to fender
Front driver: 21 3/4
Front passenger: 21 3/4
Rear Driver: 22 1/4
Rear passenger: 22 1/4

AFTER Measurments

Front driver. 22 7/8
Front passenger: 22 6/8
Rear Driver: 23 3/8
Rear Passenger: 23 3/8

Enjoy!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome man. There's something about duratracs where 265s dont look too small under a 3" lift
Old 11-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! Alignment came out alright with stock UCAs?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Looks good man! Alignment came out alright with stock UCAs?
The guy at the alignment shop showed me where it was and what he fixed, He said he only had to adjust the toe on it and I will post those numbers as soon as I find the sheet. I called around to on alignments. The yota place wanted 79.99 for a front end alignment, Firestone wanted 69.99 it and then I called big l tire and they did it for 44 dollars and were very personable with the customer and were there to answer any questions
Old 11-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #7

Thanks guys! Im overall satisfied with where its at now, If I was to do anything different down the road I might end up getting a 1/2 spacer for the driver side and a 1/4 spacer for the passenger side but overall im happy with it. Thinking of possibly getting 285s and 17 inch xd addict rims but that will be after my duratracs need to be replaced or if someone buys my wheels and tires now.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
Looks awesome man. There's something about duratracs where 265s dont look too small under a 3" lift
Thanks man! Yeah duratracs are a meaty tire and I was scared the lift would make them look small but it looks just right in my opinion but 285s might be coming in the future along with new UCAs
Old 11-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Looks good man!
Thanks man. I'm almost satisfied
Old 11-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
Patmac has a spectacular aura aboutPatmac has a spectacular aura about

Name: Pat
Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
bout time! looks good!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac View Post
bout time! looks good!
Yeah Man! you were the reason I went with this setup but I didnt go 885s as high as you but the ride is sweet as hell now. The tires dont look to small either but 285s could be coming in the future
Old 11-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #14

Couldnt get the alignment sheet scanned but here are the numbers

CASTER: left: 1.2
right: 1.2
CAMBER: Left: 1.3
Right: 1.2
TOE: Left: .05
Right: .05
Total: .10
Old 11-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Did u end up at 2.5 or 2.25?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Couldnt get the alignment sheet scanned but here are the numbers

CASTER: left: 1.2
right: 1.2
CAMBER: Left: 1.3
Right: 1.2
TOE: Left: .05
Right: .05
Total: .10
That's a pretty high camber number and a fairly low caster number. Sometimes a shop will sacrifice some camber to gain more caster adjustment but it looks like they came up short all around. Did the shop say they had an issue getting it aligned?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That's a pretty high camber number and a fairly low caster number. Sometimes a shop will sacrifice some camber to gain more caster adjustment but it looks like they came up short all around. Did the shop say they had an issue getting it aligned?
They said that they didnt have an issue at all, the guy actually printed the sheet out about where it was and what he did to it. Should I go back and ask them to get it within spec better or should I just buy new upper control arms