OME Hd 3 8.82%
icon stage 2 with uniball and dakars 31 91.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Yup
Desert PineTaco is on a distinguished road

Desert PineTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Icon stage II or OME HD?

So, I am about ready to start building on the new 08tac4x4 access cab. On my previous build, I ran OME HD and was pleased with the the ride except the lack in droop. So this time I am considering mid-travel via icon non resi extend travel coilovers. The price tag is pretty, so I have read all the threads on the two setups and still undecided.

I use my truck for work as a daily driver and for fun after work on a daily basis. I subscribe to the expedition faction of off-roaders: I might have some nearly stuff to push thru, but I have to make it back too. I do Alittle crawling, but as I am usually out by myself, usually turn around if it gets too technical. I drive fast enough to plane over washboard, but like to keep it at controllable speeds. At work, I have to keep it under 20mph as per permit conditions and I definitely will not be rallying at 80mph over whoops for hours on end, and my truck will surely never leave the ground, but I do drive it for what its worth and explore all over the backcountry from the Mojave to the Mountain
So what's yall's vote? Is icon over-the-top for me, or will I surely not regret getting icons overome?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
if you can afford it, my vote is for the extended icons

though, to fully utilize them you're going to need new control arms
Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm, i suppose it depends on how extensive/expensive you want your other mods to be, I can't speak for the icons but i really like my OME's, but i don't mob through the desert all the time...maybe you could run all pro's 3" pack as i've read they give more droop than the dakars
Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
total chaos upper control arms are much better than the camburgs.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Icon. If you can afford it, why not go with that route? You will have more money to spend on mods a later date.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
How come?
x2, I have found the compete opposite to be true.

OP, it all comes down to your budget and the use of the vehicle. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I have set up many trucks with both systems your considering. Each has its pros and cons so let me know if I can be of any help to get you started, sounds like you're going to have a sweet build when its all said and done.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my Icons a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier. Something else to look at is the Icons are rebuild-able.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
How come?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
x2, I have found the compete opposite to be true.

OP, it all comes down to your budget and the use of the vehicle. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I have set up many trucks with both systems your considering. Each has its pros and cons so let me know if I can be of any help to get you started, sounds like you're going to have a sweet build when its all said and done.
Camburgs get noisey, and Ive seen alot that have them installed, and the Caster isnt corrected as they have advertised them doing. Its been a while since I have seen a caster issue on them however, so things may have been fixed in that regard. Regarding the noise, they use a harder Uniball than TC does, and that results in noise. Not sure if thats been addressed as of now.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #12
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
So have you decided on which lift yet?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #13
DSYLEXC is on a distinguished road
DSYLEXC's Tacoma Gallery
Installed this yesterday.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #14
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
OME.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
bultaco is on a distinguished road
bultaco's Tacoma Gallery
Stage 3

my stage 4 is in transit . can wait to install
Old 12-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #16
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Get some top spacers to go with OME to get the droop. You still get full compression.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
Yup
Desert PineTaco is on a distinguished road

Desert PineTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Decided to go with the Icons , camburg Uniball Uca, and Dakars. Got probably 300lbs in the back right now and I have been bouncing around on my timbren bumpstops so I figure the Dakars are a good option. As for Camburg vs. TC, it seems that people swear by both and bash the other so I am going to go with what was reccomended to me by Sierra Expeditions: Camburg. I also ordered a TJM deluxe bull bar and All-Pro front skid as my stock one seems to be MIA.

Install date is looking to be 10-14days out. I'm stoked, I can't wait to scrap this shitty suspension before I snap another shock...

Thanks for all your input folks