LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2nd Gen Icon Lift Heights

Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen Icon Lift Heights

Ive seen this done for the OME guys. How about we get everyone who has a Icon suspension to list:

Year
Model
Engine
Measurement from Hub to fender (front)
Amount of lift gained
Amount of thread showing on coil overs

Then we can compare and if you want a set amount of height you can use these measurements
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I will start

Year: 2007
Model: Access Cab
Engine: 4.0
Measurement from Hub to fender (front): 24"
Amount of lift gained: 3.75"
Amount of thread showing on coil overs: 1.5" (on drivers side)

*Edited with completed numbers
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I have about 1/4" more thread showing on the driver's side.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try to do mine today!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #6

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Sub'd I'm getting the extended travel remote resis soon, so this should give me a good idea. Post pics too, if possible!
I would rather not do photos in this. I though this would be a good tool for people adjusting their Icons. Not a photo bomb thread
Old 11-17-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Year - 08
Model - Double Cab
Engine - 4.0 V6
Measurement from Hub to fender (front) 22 3/4
Amount of lift gained - 2.5"
Amount of thread showing on coil overs - 1 1/4" (1 3/8" on drivers side)
Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #9
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine, to fack up yer mojo:

Double Cab, Shorty Bed (Heavily Armored)
4.0L

Hub to Fender - 24" in front
Amount of lift gained - 4"? I don't really remember what stock ride height is at this point.
Thread Showing - I have 700lb. King Coils on my Icon C/Os. About .75" showing on passenger side, 1.25" driver side for a level truck.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #10

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Nice....4" with that little preload? How do the 700 springs ride?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Nice....4" with that little preload? How do the 700 springs ride?
A shade stiffer on the road when the truck is unladen. But I have the suspension dialed for off road with ~400lbs in the bed, and under those circumstances they're perfect.

Part of the reason the preload is so little is because King 700lbers are 14" coilsprings vs. Icon's 650lbers at 13.5"....so you have an extra half inch of coilspring in there helping you out.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #12

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
A shade stiffer on the road when the truck is unladen. But I have the suspension dialed for off road with ~400lbs in the bed, and under those circumstances they're perfect.

Part of the reason the preload is so little is because King 700lbers are 14" coilsprings vs. Icon's 650lbers at 13.5"....so you have an extra half inch of coilspring in there helping you out.
Still. You were able to get 4" of lift. Damn
Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
janelle2388 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Corey
janelle2388's Tacoma Gallery
Year: 09
Model: access cab
Engine: 4.0
Measurement from Hub to fender (front): not sure ill check tomorrow
Amount of lift gained: i believe 2.5
Amount of thread showing on coil overs: 1.5
just put them in today, gonna put the UCA's in tomorrow might go up to 1.75 for thread showing but not sure yet.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #14
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Still. You were able to get 4" of lift. Damn
Also worth noting they're extended travel, so with 4" of lift I'm left with 1 to 1.5" of downtravel. This is fine for asphalt and east coast wheeling, but it might not work too well for the go-fast desert guys out west. If I was wheeling there, I'd be running at 2.5" or 3" of lift, because clearance isn't at as much of a premium for what they're doing. It's all about suspension travel.

It might also help that my rear end is like 5.5" of lift between the Dakars w/ AAL and the shackle flip. That would make the front end a bit more sensitive to spring rate.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #15
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
26-34-26!

haha, I will post my stuff tomorrow
Old 12-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
SUMNRFAM is on a distinguished road

Name: Wade
SUMNRFAM's Tacoma Gallery
Wooot!,

Quote:
Ive seen this done for the OME guys. How about we get everyone who has a Icon suspension to list:

Year
Model
Engine
Measurement from Hub to fender (front)
Amount of lift gained
Amount of thread showing on coil overs

Then we can compare and if you want a set amount of height you can use these measurements
Great idea ,, been looking for the same thing,,,
Lets all make sure we are talking apples to apples,,,, "measurement from hub to fender",

We are talking vertical measurement up to the fender,, and from center of the hub, right?,,

Just want to make sure I follow suit correctly and so we have reliable info

2010 DCSB, 2.5" icon ext travels up from, Icon uniball UCAs, TSB rears, w/Icon 3leaf pack,, more to follow

Wade
Old 12-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #17

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMNRFAM View Post
Great idea ,, been looking for the same thing,,,
Lets all make sure we are talking apples to apples,,,, "measurement from hub to fender",

We are talking vertical measurement up to the fender,, and from center of the hub, right?,,

Just want to make sure I follow suit correctly and so we have reliable info

2010 DCSB, 2.5" icon ext travels up from, Icon uniball UCAs, TSB rears, w/Icon 3leaf pack,, more to follow

Wade
You are correct
Old 12-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
Kaboom90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
Kaboom90's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have measurements for 3" of lift on a DC?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #19
Griff 99 TRD is on a distinguished road
Griff 99 TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Year 1999
Model SR5 TRD 4X4
Engine 3.4 LITER V6
Measurement from Hub to fender (front) ??
Amount of lift gained ??
Amount of thread showing on coil overs ??

I'm looking to get a 2"-3" suspension lift.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #20

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff 99 TRD View Post
I'm looking to get a 2"-3" suspension lift.
I'm right around 2" right now. Sometimes wishing it was higher