Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do stock Tacos come with billies?

Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Do stock Tacos come with billies?

Just a noob question for you taco guru's out there.....I am curious what the stock shocks and struts are for a 2010 Tacoma. I searched the interwebz and couldn't seem to find a reasonable answer.

I have a Fabtech lift but when I was under the truck yesterday I noticed that the shocks and struts that are on there say Toyota Billstein on them?? I can add pictures if necessary!!

Thanks in advance,
-James
Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Bilsteins , yes , but they aren't 5100's
Old 11-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I just thought they couldn't use the stock shock body, but it looks like the lift is a shock spacer type?? I guess I was under the impression they use new shocks and springs on the front but they definitely look like they are the stock ones.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Yes bilstein has a contract with Toyota for their TRD model trucks to ship with bilstein HD shocks. They're yellow....and crap. Bilsteins true performance is with the 5100's and up
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
The "Toyota Bilsteins" are not Bilstein 4600s. As Mr. Biscuits said, the Toyota Bilsteins are built for Toyota by Bilstein and are trash. They can be bought at a dealer for $32 for the rears. True Bilstein 4600s are around $70 each for the rears.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #6
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTacoGuy View Post
I just thought they couldn't use the stock shock body, but it looks like the lift is a shock spacer type?? I guess I was under the impression they use new shocks and springs on the front but they definitely look like they are the stock ones.
You can use new shocks and springs to get a lift and ditch spacers altogether. Its actually recommended over spacer lifts. But the spacer itself provides the lift so you wouldn't NEED new ones per say.