1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alcan 05+ 1.7-2 inch rear pack question.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by theboy12, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Nov 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    theboy12

theboy12 [OP] The Answer is 42, But What is the Question?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB
    King 2.5 Remote Resi'sand rear 2.0s, Dakar Pack, TRD 1st Gen air intake, Stealth 6's wraped in DynaPro ATms 285/70R17s, SnugTop, ALL Pro Front bumper, Brute Fab HC Rear Bumper, Hella Black Magic Lights, Bedslide 1000

Anyone running these. I'm trying to decide between these and the Deaver pack (j66). I've read the Deaver is soft as hell, and I actually tow stuff and load the back down for camping (I have a Jeep Trailer with super swamper 33s for expedition camping about 1500 pounds towing with water, gas, spares, etc.) The wife an I are doing a long haul next summer down to Mexico, then up through the Grand Canyon, to Colorado and then up to Yellow Stone. I don't want to be stuck 2000 miles in kicking myself trying to make up for a poor decision regarding leaf packs. I've also kicked around the thought of other rear pack replacements with the overload bar, but don't want to lose all flex as I enjoy taking her up in the woods and wheeling when I go shooting 2-4 times a moonth. Any help would be appreciated. (I also will be installing timbren bump stops and longer icon 2.0 resi's, but I currently am running SAWs 2.0s stock replacement length).

-Jon

2. Nov 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
    Might look into the all pro expo pack... more lift but good for towing and flex well...

3. Nov 17, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    Vantage

Vantage Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Titan Pro 4x
    I would use Dakar's.

Deaver's are great offroad but like you said. Very soft and arent good for towing.

4. Nov 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    If you're going to tow I wouldn't get the deavers

5. Nov 17, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    Brrap634

Brrap634 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Englewood CO
    I am running the alcans and they have worked out pretty well thus far. I load it up pretty often towing stuff or putting dirtbikes in the back along with wheeling it and im happy with them. They are not to soft in my opinion and they are not too stiff either. I have no experience with the other leafs though... Hope that helps a little

6. Nov 17, 2012 at 1:16 PM
    theboy12

theboy12 [OP] The Answer is 42, But What is the Question?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB
    King 2.5 Remote Resi'sand rear 2.0s, Dakar Pack, TRD 1st Gen air intake, Stealth 6's wraped in DynaPro ATms 285/70R17s, SnugTop, ALL Pro Front bumper, Brute Fab HC Rear Bumper, Hella Black Magic Lights, Bedslide 1000
    Thanks for the reply's guys!

And on the Dakar note, I looked into these, but I don't want the 3 inch or the 4inch expeditions (Do they have another option I'm unaware of at around 1.5-2 inches with a complete pack?)). This is a daily driver for me, and I don't want to have to deal with the driveline shudder folks seem to get above a 2 inch lift in the rear. I've read up on shimming, and I have a carrier bearing drop kit (OME). I just don't want to deal with it. lol The guy I got my SAWs off of had the Dakars and was getting a some of the driveline vibes (humming)prob. from being out of specs on the angles. Just seems like more hassle than it's worth for another inch or two.

-Jon

Products Discussed in

To Top