Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment Question

Old 11-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
nytro is on a distinguished road
nytro's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment Question

I just had an alignment done today on my 2011 4x4 DC. I noticed the spec sheet they gave me afterwards listed the specs for a 2001-2004 4x4 DC.

When I asked them if the specs they used were the same for my 2011, they said they were. Being the skeptical person I am after reading all the alignment horror stories around here I started looking for answers online. I can't really find anything definitive showing specs for a 2011 4x4 Double Cab.

If anyone has the specs or knows for sure that they would be different from 2001-2004 specs I would appreciate the info.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
nytro's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 all around with 884's front and TSB and AAL in rear.
Just under 2.5" in front and 2" rear.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
The 2nd gen guys will chime in here any minute I'm sure but pretty sure you want your caster to be at least +2.5 on both sides and both the others (Camber and Toe) to be as close to "0.00" as they can get. There is a plethera of threads on this topic. Not giving you shit but, the answer is out there. Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
nytro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
The 2nd gen guys will chime in here any minute I'm sure but pretty sure you want your caster to be at least +2.5 on both sides and both the others (Camber and Toe) to be as close to "0.00" as they can get. There is a plethera of threads on this topic. Not giving you shit but, the answer is out there. Hope this helps.
Thanks, yeah I read all that stuff. I'm not really looking for the generic info listed above but what I'm looking for is a full list of the spec range. I want to have some ammunition when I go back there to show them the difference between the 2001 and 2011.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post the spec sheet so we can see what they did? I have access to the specs for our trucks and want to compare them. I can't copy the sheet or I would just post it here for you to see.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's a thread I found on Toyota Nation. It's got a spec sheet in the thread and you can see what data they should have used make sure it matches. I know it's for an 06 but it's still the same.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...lignments.html
Old 11-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
nytro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Can you post the spec sheet so we can see what they did? I have access to the specs for our trucks and want to compare them. I can't copy the sheet or I would just post it here for you to see.
I don't have a scanner, but I can take a picture of it and post it.
Be right back...
Old 11-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
nytro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Here's a thread I found on Toyota Nation. It's got a spec sheet in the thread and you can see what data they should have used make sure it matches. I know it's for an 06 but it's still the same.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...lignments.html
Thanks a lot! The link you provided is perfect.
Here's a copy of my spec sheet for comparison sake.
Looks like I have another trip to the shop in my future...

Old 11-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytro View Post
Thanks a lot! The link you provided is perfect.
Here's a copy of my spec sheet for comparison sake.
Looks like I have another trip to the shop in my future...

Yup. Looks like the specs are different. Some are close but, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Good luck!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytro View Post
Bilstein 5100 all around with 884's front and TSB and AAL in rear.
Just under 2.5" in front and 2" rear.
Everything except caster is good enough. (I'm guessing the "actual" are the post-alignment figures.) The caster is low, but with 2.5" lift, your truck may not have enough adjustment built-in to achieve it without aftermarket upper control arms.