Notices

Suspension Help

Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Dino4Me is on a distinguished road
Name: Sarah
Dino4Me's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension Help

Hello! I'm new and I'm not very automotive suave ^-^"
I was wondering what the best suspension kit would be for a 2nd Gen. 2wd.

I don't want it to be a lift either =_="

The help would be appreciated! Thanks :3
Old 11-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
stock....if you don't want a lift then you don't want to wheel it I assume meaning if you're driving on the street all day every day then your stock suspension will be fine. You can get new shocks all around for better valving and I believe wheelers off road sells a leaf set that doesn't provide lift
Old 11-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
are you trying to make it better for street driving or offroad driving? Need those answers to kind of guide you in a direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
stock....if you don't want a lift then you don't want to wheel it I assume meaning if you're driving on the street all day every day then your stock suspension will be fine. You can get new shocks all around for better valving and I believe wheelers off road sells a leaf set that doesn't provide lift
I do not agree with this, toyota stock suspensions completely blow for anything street.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #6
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well why go blow money on new shocks, springs, and coils when he isnt going to use them other than having a nicer ride on the street. I hate stock anything but I don't want him dropping serious dough and then afterwards going "well its a little better, wish I hadn't wasted all that money." But if there's another reason like hauling large loads or street racing or something then by all means replace it
Old 11-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well why go blow money on new shocks, springs, and coils when he isnt going to use them other than having a nicer ride on the street. I hate stock anything but I don't want him dropping serious dough and then afterwards going "well its a little better, wish I hadn't wasted all that money." But if there's another reason like hauling large loads or street racing or something then by all means replace it
Him is a She. I replaced the stock shocks on my truck and it was a world of difference. The stock ones bounced like crazy on the freeway. We have no Idea what OP is doing.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
Him is a She. I replaced the stock shocks on my truck and it was a world of difference. The stock ones bounced like crazy on the freeway. We have no Idea what OP is doing.
My bad. Always assume its a guy with a truck, i have to stop blanketing truck owners as men! Women can drive tacos too. Agreed I havent a clue what OP wants it for so I'll shut up.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:41 AM   #9
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino4Me View Post

Hello! I'm new and I'm not very automotive suave ^-^"
I was wondering what the best suspension kit would be for a 2nd Gen. 2wd.

I don't want it to be a lift either =_="

The help would be appreciated! Thanks :3
What type of truck do you have? What do you plan on doing with it. What are your goals with it? What generation truck? What motor? 4x4 or not? How many lug nuts does your truck have per wheel? What is your price range? Is it a daily driver?

OH, And Welcome to TacomaWorld!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #10
Drop it Drop it Low

Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My bad. Always assume its a guy with a truck, i have to stop blanketing truck owners as men! Women can drive tacos too. Agreed I havent a clue what OP wants it for so I'll shut up.
on TW, it can be both male AND female
Old 11-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
Dino4Me is on a distinguished road
Name: Sarah
Dino4Me's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I haven't been on since I posted this ^ ^" can't seem to get away from work haha
I believe I figured out what I needed to look into.
The suspension I would need is for street, not off-road.
Thank you for all of your help!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #12
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Sarah,

You need to post what model truck you have and also tell us why you want to upgrade or what it is you are trying to fix.
The simple answer is to upgrade the shocks. The standard shocks that come with these trucks are not the best especially if you have a NON-TRD truck then you have the black Tokicos and they are terrible cheap junk. Also a retorque of the leaf springs helps immensely.