Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My head is spinning …

Old 11-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
MarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marcos
MarcosBalderas's Tacoma Gallery
My head is spinning …

Ok so I have read so much on here about lifts my head is spinning. I just got my 1st Taco (2013 DC TRD OffRoad) and I am wanting a 3 inch lift or so to just beef it up a bit. I have budget of 1500 or so but don't have to spend it all so I can save for other goodies. I am leaning towards OME leaf packs in the rear and OME springs in the front. What are your opinions/feedback with that setup and also if you have pics feel free to post them up.
Thanks,
Marcos
Old 11-19-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea about first gen suspension, but bump your thread tomorrow afternoon and you should get a ton of replies. Good luck
Old 11-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #3
MarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarcosBalderas is one of the sharper tools in the shed
My 1st tacoma not a 1st Gen lol it's all good will do
Old 11-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
I have no idea about first gen suspension, but bump your thread tomorrow afternoon and you should get a ton of replies. Good luck
Thats his first truck not 1st gen bro. You have to be tired.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosBalderas View Post
Ok so I have read so much on here about lifts my head is spinning. I just got my 1st Taco (2013 DC TRD OffRoad) and I am wanting a 3 inch lift or so to just beef it up a bit. I have budget of 1500 or so but don't have to spend it all so I can save for other goodies. I am leaning towards OME leaf packs in the rear and OME springs in the front. What are your opinions/feedback with that setup and also if you have pics feel free to post them up.
Thanks,
Marcos
I tink going the route of OME is a great Idea. But remember to factor in new UCAs wich you may need for alignment purposes.

Also, do you plan on putting on a winch? or a plate bumper
Old 11-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #6
UCAs 400 give or take I am guessing? Also probably only a light bar
Old 11-19-2012, 03:26 AM   #7
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
UCAs 400 give or take I am guessing? Also probably only a light bar
UCAS can be 500-600$

Factor in shipping as well on all parts. I would go 885s just in case you plan on anything heavy for later. Those are the mid weight coils. Also get the top plate spacer to get the full 3 inches

Then you can get the springs and coils delived assembled, but i think thats an extra 150 from some store. Your call
Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #8
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
My 1st tacoma not a 1st Gen lol it's all good will do
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
Thats his first truck not 1st gen bro. You have to be tired.
Totally missed that. So tired.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #9
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Totally missed that. So tired.
I figured. This is the least amount I think you have posted on here in about 3 months
Old 11-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #10
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
OP good choice on lifts. As mentioned going with the 885x coils are your best bet. Also as far as new ucas look into total chaos, bud built, camburg, and DSM.

Good luck and welcome to the money pit that is your new truck
Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
I figured. This is the least amount I think you have posted on here in about 3 months
lol, I've had the nightshift from hell.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
Thanks for all the info dose anyone have pics of the setup and also where is the best place to get all the goods?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #13
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Look up a member names Truknight I know he just bought the whole setup u could ask him...
Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #14
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks,
Marcos
I have tons of pics and opinions of what your looking for in my build thread, (link under sig)

1.5k wont cut it tho, closer to 3-4k depeding on what you buy. tires alone are at least 1k, 400 for ucas, 1200 for suspension parts, and more for either spacers or new rims plus other odds and ends and thats if you do all the work yourself.

ome is more a middle of the road lift as far as cost goes tho, better than spacers and blocks but costs alot less than icons and deavers. facts are that if you want a lift worth having, youll have to spend more than youd like mabye.

keep readin tho op, I was right where your at a few months ago.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #15
Looking at 1500 give or take I have a separate budget for wheels and tires my 1st step is the lift if I plan everything right then after the lift I will get a bonus from my j.o.b. and that will cover my wheels and tires won't even have to dig in to savings so I won't piss the wife that bad…
Old 11-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #16
Steve33fish is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Steve33fish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looking at 1500 give or take I have a separate budget for wheels and tires my 1st step is the lift if I plan everything right then after the lift I will get a bonus from my j.o.b. and that will cover my wheels and tires won't even have to dig in to savings so I won't piss the wife that bad…
Congrats on your new truck! Yeah the others guys are right I wanted a quality set up and about 2 months $5500 into it with just a icon setup and rims and tires.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #17
FML this is an expensive hobby / daily driver lol
Old 11-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #18
Lol yes it is
Old 11-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #19
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
I think the DSM UCA's and an OME kit would fit your budget pretty well
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 AM   #20
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for all the info dose anyone have pics of the setup and also where is the best place to get all the goods?
On my '11 4Banger AC 885s & Dakars got me 3" front & rear (with shell).
Great ride on & off road (even better after I took the sway bar off).

On your DCSB they will probably get you around 2.5" to 2.75" front & over 3" rear.
As for price shop around most vendors here offer a TW discount.