Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

rear sits higher than the front.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
oregontaco99 is on a distinguished road

Name: cash
oregontaco99's Tacoma Gallery
rear sits higher than the front.

so a while back i got a revtec 3 inch suspension lift installed and big surprise a couple years went by and my stock leaf springs wore out, so i took the blocks out and put 3 inch lift all pro springs in. now my rear end sits higher than my front. I think all i have are 2.5inch coil spacers in the front. is there anyway i can get the front up just a tad higher? im hoping for an easy fix but im pretty sure there isnt one. Also my taco is a first gen. i would appreciate any advice. thanks!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
what's your hub/fender reading in the rear?

new leaf springs will give more than their rated lift until theyre broken in (usually)
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Ditch the Revtek spacers and get some coils.

Konaborne has a point how new are the springs? They will eventually settle.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #4

i figured they have already settled ive had them on for about a month and a half. or does it usually take longer?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #5

khaos, would the coils instead of spacer get me up a little higher?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
depending on what coil you get
my eibachs got me 3.5" lift initially

have you wheeled the leafs? that breaks em in a lot quicker than road driving
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #7

yeah they have been offroad quite a bit.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Mine sits a bit higher naturally until I put 240# of sand in for the winter.