Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Which OME Springs (885s or 886s)?

Old 11-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #21
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Not vibes, but not being able to get more than zero degrees caster made freeway driving interesting. LR's make it track like stock again with 2.8 degrees. Definitely a must have IMO.
Yea, but I'm only looking for 2" of lift. Going for an overland rig, not rock crawler. Would UCAs be suggested at that amount of lift?
Old 11-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Do add a top plate spacer do you have to breakdown the coil over?
Old 11-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #24
Free Man
Hurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Duck
Hurtin Albertan's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for reference, springtime project
Old 11-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #25
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
You are in a pickle. I have a brute force, xrc8 and ran 885s with 5100s and it sagged about 7/8" afterwards. Before the weight I had about 2.5" of front lift. I'd go 885s and 1/4" spacers
Old 11-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #26
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
should be fine with stock uca's at 2"

yep youll have to take apart the stock coil assembly, change out whatever, then reinstall

lookin forward to seein your build tho =)
Old 11-23-2012, 06:20 AM   #27
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
You are in a pickle. I have a brute force, xrc8 and ran 885s with 5100s and it sagged about 7/8" afterwards. Before the weight I had about 2.5" of front lift. I'd go 885s and 1/4" spacers
Thanks large. You're also a DC and I've always read that there is a difference between DC and AC when it has come to lift height. I don't know if it is substantial or not though.

What's the difference between the "1/4" Thick Aluminum Top Spacer" and the "10mm Lift Enhancer Kit" available at wheeler's?

10mm - http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm
1/4" - http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacomasuspmisc.htm

One is significantly more expensive and one gives more lift, but how do they differ?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #28
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The 10mm spacer kit is a pair and includes longer studs , providing 5/8-3/4" of additional lift

The 1/4" plate is sold as a single , no longer studs ( not needed ) and provides 3/8-1/2" of lift
Old 11-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #29
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The 10mm spacer kit is a pair and includes longer studs , providing 5/8-3/4" of additional lift

The 1/4" plate is sold as a single , no longer studs ( not needed ) and provides 3/8-1/2" of lift
Okay thanks. And to correct tacoma lean would I buy two 1/4" plates for the driver side? And I would assume that would require longer studs?

Sorry for my ignorance, this is the weird side of TW I don't understand yet.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #30
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
I only had to use one 1/4 spacer to correct the lean.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #31
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
I only had to use one 1/4 spacer to correct the lean.
I think he wants 1/2" on the driver and 1/4" on the passenger. No need to stack two 1/4" spacers, just buy a 1/4" and a 1/2" spacer from Toytec, assuming you have the taco lean (I didn't)
Old 11-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #32
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Okay thanks. And to correct tacoma lean would I buy two 1/4" plates for the driver side? And I would assume that would require longer studs?

Sorry for my ignorance, this is the weird side of TW I don't understand yet.
Are you planning on using OME shocks ?
Old 11-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #33
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
^^^---- thats a good question
Old 11-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #34
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you planning on using OME shocks ?
As I said in the original post, I was hoping to use the 5100s I have now. I have heard that you shouldn't use 5100s when running the 886s.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As I said in the original post, I was hoping to use the 5100s I have now. I have heard that you shouldn't use 5100s when running the 886s.
My bad , I didn't go back and look

My point being , with OME shocks , you can correct taco lean with the OME 5mm trim packer that goes on the bottom of the shock , below the coil and then just put 1/4" top plate spacers in both driver and passenger

No , you shouldn't run 5100's with 886's IMO
Old 11-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #36
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My bad , I didn't go back and look

My point being , with OME shocks , you can correct taco lean with the OME 5mm trim packer that goes on the bottom of the shock , below the coil and then just put 1/4" top plate spacers in both driver and passenger

No , you shouldn't run 5100's with 886's IMO
I'm no forum Nazi. Didn't mean to come off that way if I did.

But, you're saying I can't use that 5mm trim packer with 5100s it sounds like?
Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #37

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm no forum Nazi. Didn't mean to come off that way if I did.

But, you're saying I can't use that 5mm trim packer with 5100s it sounds like?
No worries

No , the 5mm trim packer only works with OME shocks
Old 11-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #38
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
So going with 885s, would you suggest the 1/4" spacer or the 10mm spacer under these criteria:

-Hybrid bumper - 125-150lbs
-90lb winch
-With a desired 2-2.5" of lift
Old 11-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
10mm driver ( with longer studs ) , 1/4" passenger
Old 11-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #40
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
10mm driver ( with longer studs ) , 1/4" passenger
Little mix and matching. Thanks OZ!