Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Which OME Springs (885s or 886s)?

Old 11-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Which OME Springs (885s or 886s)?

Which OME Springs are best for the setup below?

07 Access Cab
BruteForce Hybrid Front Bumper
9500lb Superwinch

I'm looking for about 2" of lift. I don't want driveline vibs and I don't want to have to buy UCAs. I also want to be able to use the 5100s I have on my truck now.

Thanks everyone!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How much does the bumper / winch combo weigh ?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How much does the bumper / winch combo weigh ?
Winch is 90lbs. Not sure about the bumper.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Winch is 90lbs. Not sure about the bumper.
Well , that would certainly be a deciding factor , perhaps a pm to the vendor is in order
Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Let's say it weighs 150-170lbs.

I know they suggest the 886s for over 200lbs of weight in the front, but I only want about 2" of lift.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Let's say it weighs 150-170lbs.

I know they suggest the 886s for over 200lbs of weight in the front, but I only want about 2" of lift.
Well , you could go 885's and if they don't provide enough lift you could add some 1/4" or 1/2" top plate spacers
Old 11-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Goo 885's and get spacers if it isnt enough. 886's will not give you 3+ of lift though. I have them on a DCL:B without even the factory bumper on there and barely get 3". With a bumper and winch you wont get 3" with the 886's
Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
Goo 885's and get spacers if it isnt enough. 886's will not give you 3+ of lift though. I have them on a DCL:B without even the factory bumper on there and barely get 3". With a bumper and winch you wont get 3" with the 886's
I'm slightly over 3 with about 140 lbs on the front between winch and skids.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
886 or 886x ?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
I'm slightly over 3 with about 140 lbs on the front between winch and skids.
886 or 886x ?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just the 886 with no weight in the front at all. No alum factory bumper, no skid plate, no plastic bumper cover.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just the 886 with no weight in the front at all. No alum factory bumper, no skid plate, no plastic bumper cover.
What is your hub to fender height?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #15
RAGEAHOLIC

cant remember off hand but ill measure in a bit.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
886's
Old 11-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
For what it's worth, I have zero driveline vibes - although I do have LR UCA's which really make a big difference. My vote would be to do it right and go 886 with that much weight.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
For what it's worth, I have zero driveline vibes - although I do have LR UCA's which really make a big difference. My vote would be to do it right and go 886 with that much weight.
I agree LR UCA's are a good way to go , I have them , but they don't factor into driveline vibrations
Old 11-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I agree LR UCA's are a good way to go , I have them , but they don't factor into driveline vibrations
Not vibes, but not being able to get more than zero degrees caster made freeway driving interesting. LR's make it track like stock again with 2.8 degrees. Definitely a must have IMO.